The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 26, 2012, 10:33 PM   #1
Sheriff Gotcha

Fitting a Kadet 2 kit onto a CZ-85B

Just got my first gun, a CZ-85B, as well as a Kadet kit. Unfortunately, I have run into a small snag... The slide fits perfectly, like a glove, from what I can tell right now anyway. The current problem lies in the slide stop; it seems to be the opposite of what I need.

The slide stop on the 85 (on the top) has two flat edges, but the Kadet (on the bottom) has one flat side and the rest is round.

Here's a picture:

Seem to be having a problem with the fitting on the Kadet kit but not with the slide but the slide stop. The CZ 85 slide stop has two flat sides whereas the Kadet has only one and the rest is rounded off.

Let's see if I can get the photo working.

What do I do to make this right?... I got the kit offline and the gun at the LGS, should I ask my LGS to fit it for me?

I am not that great at 'DIY' things, but if you can let me know what to do I will give it a try.
Old July 26, 2012, 10:58 PM   #2
Creeper

Don't modify anything yet. Call CZ at 800-955-4486, politely explain your situation, they will ask you the model and caliber gun you intend to use the Kadet kit on. They will send you the correct slide stop, usually no charge... and say thank you for your patronage.

Cheers,
C
Old July 27, 2012, 11:03 AM   #3
Sheriff Gotcha

Well you were correct, but they didn't need to send me a new one. Apparently, the slide stop for the 85B works just fine with the Kadet 2 kit. They told me to just use the slide stop from the 85 instead of trying the one that came with the kit.

I guess I should of just tried that to begin with, but I just spent 900 dollars for both pieces I am a bit timid right now lol ... Still trying to work out the do's-n-don'ts without having to shell out money to make repairs.

It is my first gun.
Old July 27, 2012, 03:43 PM   #4
Creeper

Good deal... the folks at CZ are great. Have fun, the Kadet kit is fantastic.

Cheers,
C