The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 5, 2012, 12:42 AM   #1
TheKlawMan

Krieghoff KX-6 Trap

I shot a Krieghoff KX-6 from the 16 yard trap line today. Just a couple of shots from one that a guy only bought last week. No practice, not even shouldering the gun to check the feel, swing or anything. The first shot I hadn't even asked where the POI tended to be in relation to the POA. I all but powdered both even though I was struggling today. Pretty sweet little gun.
Old April 5, 2012, 11:20 AM   #2
BigJimP

http://www.krieghoff.com/index.php/c...ngle-shot-trap

Come on Klawman...you know - you need one of these ...maybe two !!

( Yes, they are a very nice gun ) ! But I don't have one either...

Ask the Easter Bunny for one ....???
Old April 5, 2012, 11:21 AM   #3
oneounceload

New Christmas wish list item!
Old April 5, 2012, 01:22 PM   #4
TheKlawMan

That is the one I shot and it was still set up as is from the factory, which may be why it seemd to have a POI to POA like my XS Skeet. Both shoud be 60/40.

Not this Xmas or Easter. I am more than content with my Browning. Of course someday, the Browning is a skeet gun and the K gun is dedicated for trap, but if I ever get a trap gun I will have to look at an XT. The actual price on that KX-6 was twice what I paid for my XS Skeet.
Old April 5, 2012, 02:03 PM   #5
oneounceload

only twice as much? Was the K gun on sale???.......
Old April 5, 2012, 02:25 PM   #6
BigJimP

Seriously, I think the Browning Citori XT - in 32" barrels is a more versatile gun ..than a single barrel KX-5, KX-6 or the Browning BT-99 or BT-100..../ and the XT is less money...at least than the KX-6 ....

Your XS Skeet - out of the factory is typically set up more like a 50%/50% pattern...

But adding a single barrel Trap gun down the road ...might be fun for you too..no reason to rule it out entirely if you like the concept.
Old April 5, 2012, 07:42 PM   #7
TheKlawMan

Some say their XS Skeeet shoots 50/50, but more seem to think that their's is about 60/40. It may have something to do with personal fit. All I know is it seems to set up for a near pefect figure 8 and when I patterned it shoots just a trifle high. That and I like it.

Anyway, it is the first gun I have shot in the getting to be pricey category (yes, oneounce, I noticed that most of its siblings are at least 3 times what this guy paid) and it gave me an idea of why some pay a premium for a gun.

Anyhow, just out of my charitable nature I offered him $2500 for his old gun.
Old April 5, 2012, 10:50 PM   #8
zippy13

Quote:
All I know is it seems to set up for a near pefect figure 8 and when I patterned it shoots just a trifle high.
Aren't Skeet guns supposed to do that? -- Align the beads and cover the target or figure-8 and float the target.
Old April 6, 2012, 12:59 AM   #9
TheKlawMan

It must be my facial structure, but I cannot align the beads on my Skeet gun; not without taking the comb down with a rasp. I float the target.
Old April 6, 2012, 11:14 AM   #10
BigJimP

Taking a " wood rasp" to a Browning Citori XS Skeet comb ......no, no ...no....

Get some 60 grit sandpaper...and a Belt Sander..../ if you're going to do it ...be aggressive... !! ............

( don't do that / get an adj comb cut into that thing !! )...so you can adjust your point of impact to whatever you want buddy ....geez...