The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 16, 2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Armed Patriot

MAK 90: CA legal for CA resale?

I am an 01 FFL but cannot find the proper info needed for a possible sale of a Pre CA Ban Mak 90. I registered as an "assault weapon", CA DOJ replied ir wasnt necessary, although they registered it all the same.

I am looking at selling it to a CA customer. The sale is on hold for legal confirmation.

The rifle, a pre CA ban MAK 90, has a pistolgrip, non folding Ramline stock & muzzle brake, fixed 10 round mag. Is this legal to sell in CA? Following the flow chart... http://www.freewebs.com/socal_websho...AWID_v10_D.htm... It would appear that it is legal to sell in CA.

Looking for verification, opinions, legal info before I put my butt in the sling for a sale. Any help appreciated. I say yes, what say you?

Thanks,
Todd
Black Ops Gear
Constitutional Patriot
Oath Keeper
III-Per

God bless our US soldiers, sailors, airmen, guardsmen, and Marines for fighting terrorists world wide so that we may sleep safer tonight, while they do not. God bless the USA!!!

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -Samuel Adams

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
-George Washington

"All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-Sir Edmund Burke

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.."
-Isaiah 5:20

Who is John Galt???
Old March 17, 2013, 11:53 PM   #2
Librarian

Is it Norinco? You don't say, and it matters.

A Norinco MAK 90 is a 'named' 'assault weapon'. As such, it cannot be sold to regular folk in CA - theoretically, a LEO with a letter from his/her chief might be authorized to buy it for duty use, but that's unlikely for an AK-pattern gun. A dealer with an 'assault weapon' permit might buy it; again, then he faces the problem of what to do with it.

If it were NOT a 'named weapon', would probably be OK - fixed-mag 10-round can have 'features' like the folding stock. You would have to un-register it to sell it as an 'off list lower'.

See the Calguns Foundation Wiki articles
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Fi...listed_by_name
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Pe...Caliber_rifles

The FAQ page is here.