The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old June 4, 2012, 09:29 PM   #26
fasteddie565

Scout,

That's unfortunate that you (Moreover your wife) had to endure that. I catch grief from the old(er) guys at the LGS when I go out of my way to answer a women's questions, ease her fears etc. I have taught hundreds of women to shoot and they appreciate the attention to their concerns.

Most importantly, I hope you find a place where you can ALL shoot together. My bride of 16 years still does not like to shoot. She says "That's why I have you"

Stay Safe
Old June 12, 2012, 10:15 AM   #27
newfrontier45

I stopped going to the Dade City Rod & Gun Club when the range officer, who was more interested in socializing, called the range hot while I was still stapling targets up.

Quote:
In other words compared to a lot of places people there are just not friendly.
There are a lot of things to like about Florida but the people are not one of them. Born and raised there, stayed 32yrs, was in customer service for 10yrs, don't miss it one bit. Or the weather.
Old June 18, 2012, 08:15 PM   #28
baddarryl

Quote:
There are a lot of things to like about Florida but the people are not one of them. Born and raised there, stayed 32yrs, was in customer service for 10yrs, don't miss it one bit. Or the weather.
Amen to that brother. Born and raised there myself. Now after 20 years in NC anytime I go back I think damn these people suck! Everyone I've met from down there that comes up here can't believe how friendly and cool everyone is. Even the snotty people here are polite enough not to shove it in your face.
Old June 23, 2012, 10:46 AM   #29
Microgunner

Scout,
A bud of mine is also a RO at DCRGC.
He asks if you can remember the exact date of your unfortunate experience so they can pin point the actor.
Old June 24, 2012, 01:25 PM   #30
Scout

I believe it was spring break for the kids which would have put it either March 30 or April 7th. I'm sorry I can't be more precise.
Old June 29, 2012, 03:01 AM   #31
mumbo719

Been a member of DCR&G for a few years now and frequently go with my wife and 3 daughters ages 5, 9 & 12. In my experience they are a family friendly range and have always gone out of their way for new and inexperienced shooters.

Your experience is highly unusual at this club. I do like some RO's better than others but have never experienced anything like you have described. Maybe it was a new RO that doesn't know his boundaries or developed range etiquette yet.

As suggested if you can remember the date they will know who was on that day and deal with him.

Been to WAC and like it except for rifle, they only allow 1 round at a time in a magazine for non members and 3 rounds for members. Maybe this has changed since I haven't been there in a couple of years.

I am currently checking out Hernando Sportsmens Club since they have IDPA, USPSA 2 gun and 3 gun matches. I live in Pasco county and hate going to Pinellas County.

Quote:
iamdb wrote: Tampa Shooting Sports is the worst of them all.
TSS is really, really bad but IMO the worst in the Tampa Bay area goes to "The Firing Line Gun Range in New Port Richey"