The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 29, 2006, 11:14 AM   #1
BamaMac54

12 ga. Shell Question...

What do y'all know about the Shellier & Bellot 12 ga. buckshot? I saw some at a gun show. Never heard of them, but curious.
Old August 29, 2006, 12:05 PM   #2
cloudcroft

If you Google it lots of websites come up:

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...e+&qt_s=Search

As for my opinion, it's good factory ammo for the price, but I reload for my shotguns so I don't buy factory ammo anymore.

-- John D.
Old August 31, 2006, 04:12 PM   #3
Scorch

Sellier & Bellot is one of the oldest ammo manufacturers in Europe. They offer rifle, pistol and shotgun ammo for sale in the US. Their ammo is good quality, not necessarily the most accurate, but good quality. That said, with the current exchange rate for the US Dollar overseas, their ammo is not priced like it should be. You can buy US made ammo for the same or better price.
Old August 31, 2006, 08:33 PM   #4
Maser

I have gotten that type of buckshot shells in bulk from Cabelas and I was quite pleased with them. Not really of any relevance, but I do love clear hulls. Looks so cool seeing the 00 lead balls. Now if only I could find bulk slug loads then I would be even happier.
Old August 31, 2006, 11:41 PM   #5
cloudcroft

I like the clear hulls, too, but since I reload for my shotguns, I ordered some bags of new clear primed Fiocchi hulls for reloading...so I can see what's in them -- in my case either Lyman cast lead .690" round balls or Lyman cast shotgun slugs -- without worrying about labeling each round as in the past, which really didn't work out too well.

-- John D.