The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old June 10, 2001, 10:06 PM   #76
Lightsped

Ben (and others),

I am still looking for a Computer/IT job where I can work in a Datacenter/NOC building, managing, and working with servers. I am open to any suggestions. Post here or email will work.

If I haven't found anything by July 11th, I plan to take the Cobb County PD test..... I already have the test booklet and info.

Thanks
Old June 14, 2001, 06:13 AM   #77
Bud Helms

Anyone that's coming Saturday, that has a digital camera, try to remember to bring it.
Old June 14, 2001, 06:22 AM   #78
Byron Quick
Staff In Memoriam

Weather?

What's the drill if it's raining as seems possible at this point?
Old June 14, 2001, 08:17 AM   #79
Bud Helms

I will be there unless it is a frog strangler! Even if it does storm, if it looks like it will blow through, I will be there ... in which case I will have my Georgia Red Clay Clodhoppers on.
Old June 14, 2001, 05:21 PM   #80
Rainbow Six

Wish I could come. I have to work this weekend (fri-sat-sun). I'd love to bring my new AR15 shorty and try it out. Maybe next time...

R6

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper
Old June 16, 2001, 08:21 PM   #81
Bud Helms

FAFVOOTIUMGM

The 1st Annual Fort Valley Out Of Towner's Invitational Unlimited Mixed Gun Match was a great visit ... and a whole lot of powder was burned up!

It was a fine time! TFLers present were Spartacus, TomB, Spectre, Joe Klug, Edmund Rowe and yours truly.

Spartacus brought an Uzi ... my first time on one of those.

Spectre brought the Beast, a Mossberg bolt action 12 ga shotgun. It was beastly with three inch Federal 1 1/4 oz slugs! That sucker would leap right off the rest ... I had to lash it down with some parachute cord!!

TomB brought a sweet Browning Hi Power.

Joe Klug let me shoot his CZ97, but I liked the 75 better. That's the first time I've ever seen the 97. But the surprise for me was the Beretta in .45 ACP. I liked it! Very manageable, very accurate.

Edmund got out of his car with a .45 on each hip (Glocks?).

Lots of plastic out there today. But I held up the 1911 crusade with a 1991A1 Cmdr and a Mech Tech upper on a Springfield Mil Spec lower.

Someone shot a Makarov for the first time ... Joe? Another convert.

All were safe, hot and tired, come 5PM. Pics soon.

- sensop
Old June 16, 2001, 09:54 PM   #82
PJ11B3VF7

I'm envious. Uncle had me working in the morning. I wanted to get my hands on Joe's CZ97 again damn it. . Oh well hopefully there will be another one soon.

Hope you guys had much fun.
When you send a man out with a gun, you create a policymaker. When his ass is on the line, he will do whatever he needs to do. And if the implications of that bother you, the time to do something about it is before you decide to send him out.

David Drake

It's 4V now
Old June 16, 2001, 10:06 PM   #83
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Spartacus is out like a light on my sofa. Something about a day of shooting that just tends to wear a body out. (Then again, maybe it's just the schnapps. )

Wow! After the potentential for gloom, we had a beautiful day. "The Beast" does indeed kick- I'm can't post long-I'm icing my shoulder!

Bud, thanks for the help with the sight-in and setting this up, and thanks to y'all for coming.

---
Bruised but proud!
Old June 17, 2001, 02:03 AM   #84
Ben

So how many TFLer's showed up total? Sounds like y'all had a great time. Glad to hear it stayed clear for ya.

and send those digital pics!!!

Ben
Old June 17, 2001, 07:04 AM   #85
Bud Helms

Just the six of us showed, but it was a good time. We talked about you guys ... just like we promised. We weren't disturbed from shoooting (or braggin') all day. 'Had the range to ourselves. Not even a club member showed up until we were pulling out.

Let's do it again once it cools off, say, October?
Old June 17, 2001, 12:05 PM   #86
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Sensop,
I was upholding the 1911 tradition also, with a Kimber Classic Gold Match. I like Joe's CZ's and am a Makarov convert now. Even though I've always considered DA/SA self loaders to be a perfect solution in desperate search of a problem.
It was great spending time with you folks. Definitely have to do it again.

Wandering Thoughts
Old June 17, 2001, 12:32 PM   #87
Lightsped

Yes, please post pics soon. I wish I had been there......
Old June 17, 2001, 03:30 PM   #88
Ben

How about Advanced NEXT Saturday?

I'm loosely planning on going up to Advanced Bullets next Saturday. I've got this Anti I'm tryin to get to go with me... I've convinced her it's a great hobby, and now she wants to try it.

She did the Shoot-no-shoot simulator at the Atlanta PD Academy, and now wants to do the real thing. Can you blame her? I just hope she gets the day off of work.

Ben
Old June 18, 2001, 12:03 AM   #89
Joe Klug

Sensop,

Thanks once again for setting that meet up for us. Like everyone else, I had a great time. It was well worth the 300+ mile round trip. And yes, I will have to seriously think about getting one of those Maks. It was a lot better of a shooter then I was expecting.

Setting up another meet down there in October might be a good idea. I'll do my best to make it. The FVGC is a great place. I couldn't believe we were the only ones out there on such a nice day.

One helpful tip for my fellow TFLers.......when someone posts directions to a place you need to go print them out right away. I made the mistake of thinking "I'll visit the thread the night before the meet and print them out then". Bad mistake on my part as the forum was down Friday night and Saturday morning. I spent about 45 minutes trying to find someone who could point me in the general direction of Fort Valley Gun Club. Luckily, I was able to find such a person and just got there a bit late.

Ben, If you want to meet at Advanced next Saturday I can probably be there around 1pm. I have an appointment at 10am that I really shouldn't miss.

Joe
Old June 18, 2001, 12:52 AM   #90
Joe Klug

I almost forgot. For those of you that were wanting the know the web site where I'm getting that deal on the S&B ammo, here it is.

http://www.ammodeal.com/Handgun.html

Joe