The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old January 14, 2005, 08:12 AM   #1
smince

Select-fire Kel-tec

March 2005 S.O.F. has an article on the Kel-tec SU16, a semi that uses AR15 mags. However, there is a small mention and pics of a SU16D model, which features select-fire, folding stock, 10" barrel, and a Picitinney fore arm.

Interesting, from a tech point of view. Wonder how it will hold up?
Old January 14, 2005, 06:29 PM   #2
Double Naught Spy

Given the Kel Tec reputation for longevity, my guess would be that it would not hold up very long. While the SU16 seemed like a potential idealic squad car gun, I don't know of any departments that have gone with that option, in part because of the perceived lack of longevity.
Old January 14, 2005, 09:06 PM   #3
Doerdie

Yes, even the democ-rats made the same mistake about GWB...."a peceived lack of longevity". I suppose they (Kel-Tec) would make that style weapon only because it was requested by the military, or they intended to market it to them (US or other). If it holds up like my P-11 then they longevity is no problem, it will last many, many years. I am planning on adding the SU-16C to my collection this summer, due to the great reviews it has recieved and Kel-Tecs reputation.