The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old May 1, 2023, 08:44 PM   #1
kilotanker22

Tikka T3X UPR

So I just placed an order for a Tikka T3X UPR in 6.5 manbun. I was using a Savage 110 carbon tactical to fill this rifle's role. However, after owning another T3X rifle I have become quite fond of them.

Anyone else have one of these rifles? If so, how do you like it? The carbon reinforced fiberglass stock is what motivated me to choose this particular model.
“We do not seek peace in order to be at war, but we go to war that we may have peace. Be peaceful, therefore, in warring, so that you may vanquish those whom you war against, and bring them to the prosperity of peace.
– St. Augustine
Old May 2, 2023, 05:10 PM   #2
jmr40

Looks like a CTR in a tactical stock. I had a 308 CTR and have T3X lites in 308 and 6.5cm as well a a T1x in 22 LR. I had a 30-06 several years ago.

All of them have been tack drivers and are not fussy about what I feed them. Never an issue at all.

I liked a lot about the CTR, but it was a lot heavier and no more accurate than the standard weight rifles. I had a chance to sell it and let it go. I actually ended up with 2 T3's in 308. I had one's barrel cut to 20" and kept the other at the standard length.

I thought I'd miss the 10 round mags that come on the CTR, but 5 round mags are available for the standard rifles.

If you start looking for spare mags they are expensive, about $100 in most places. I don't know what they are selling for now, but I found Optics Planet had the best price. I paid $85 IIRC.

Winston Churchill
Old May 2, 2023, 05:14 PM   #3
kilotanker22

Midway had th ten round mags for $71 yesterday. I will probably end up buying several magazines for it eventually. The MDT steel magazines I use in the Savage are close to that price anyway.

My T3X lit EIN 6.5 Creedmoor was probably the easiest gun I have gotten to shoot 1/4 MOA.
“We do not seek peace in order to be at war, but we go to war that we may have peace. Be peaceful, therefore, in warring, so that you may vanquish those whom you war against, and bring them to the prosperity of peace.
– St. Augustine
Old May 15, 2023, 12:29 PM   #4
kilotanker22

The rifle arrived at my LGS. Now I just need to pay for it and figure out what optic to put up top.
– St. Augustine
Old July 7, 2023, 10:32 AM   #5
ed308

How you liking your Tikka UPR? I’ve been thinking of getting one or the regular T3X then installing an MDT chassie on it. My TAC A1 shoots .3 MOA if I do my part.
Old July 7, 2023, 06:53 PM   #6
USAF Ret

Tikka T3X Lite in Oryx Chassis. Love it. Especially the trigger. Easy to set it. Mine is perfect at 2.75 lbs.