The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 15, 2019, 08:51 AM   #1
Tactical Jackalope

Glock 19 Gen 3 - Suarez International parts, Glock 34 Gen 5, custom Glock 19 frame

Yesterday was a good day.

I was planning on getting some tool steel internals for my Glock 19. Since after a few PDs here in Miami that my friends work for had issues with the tips of their strikers breaking.

I even messaged a couple of members here asking their opinion on doing so. The shortly after, I'm talking days after. One of my best friends, Uncle Malice had his striker on his Gen 5 Glock 19x break. From where the trigger bar meets the striker.

Put that on my priority list right afterwards. Bought the firing pin safety, striker, extractor, and extractor depressor plunger. All made from tool steel and all factory weights. Nothing is lighter, no holes like ZEV Tech, nothing.

I installed all the parts immediately after getting home. Going to put it through it's paces and report back. Just don't know when.

Next up, Glock 34 Gen 5!

I used to carry one of these appendix with a Surefire X300U-A for several months and at work. Loved it. Biggest and only downfall? The opening up top. I've had to clean it more often than I would any other gun because of the lint and such.

Fast forward to Gen 5 and the top is closed. Not to mention the only version available is a MOS version. However, I'm getting mixed reviews on the MOS portion and how it "sucks" for any real use. If someone can elaborate why it sucks, that'll be pretty cool. I'm curious.

Anyway, I'll be carrying the 34 or 19 depending on the situation, attire, etc. Looking forward to shooting the ever living out of them both.

The 19 proves it's reliability over and over again. Just like my HK and SIGs have. I just want to feel as comfortable with them.

Finally, look at that custom Jackalope frame! It's from Sonoran Defense Technologies in Arizona. It's all done with a laser machine. The grip feels amazing. The work is amazing. I am absolutely stunned by that.

Going to be getting a Suarez International slide for that 19 with an RMR cut as well.

(posting from phone to edit/write post from computer)

Last edited by Tactical Jackalope; January 15, 2019 at 09:08 AM.
Old January 15, 2019, 10:34 AM   #2
Sharkbite

Quote:
However, I'm getting mixed reviews on the MOS portion and how it "sucks" for any real use. If someone can elaborate why it sucks, that'll be pretty cool. I'm curious.
I had a MOS Glock and put an RMR on it. It did NOT hold up to semi-heavy use. Specifically, the adaptor plate broke in half. Not once, But TWICE!!! Another issue is the screw length and placement. Two short screws hold the plate to the slide, and another set of short screws hold the RDS to the plate. Those screws get less then a full turn of engagement to the plate. You cant use longer screws because they would protude thru the bottom of the plate and push into the slide.

I ended up selling the MOS Glock to a buddy and having a Glock slide milled for my RMR. In that system the screws go through the RMR and directly into the slide with significant bite on the threads. WAY BETTER!!!

I would NEVER use the MOS system for any use. Not serious use, not even range use. It just sucks.
Old January 15, 2019, 11:56 AM   #3
Tactical Jackalope

Well, that's not good. I won't be using an RMR on my 34.

I was just told by someone else that Agency Arms can redo/fix the MOS crappy cut.

So if I really want to, I'll do that.

The Vortex on the FNX-45 is good to go, thankfully.

Thanks for the info. That's just insanely crappy.
Old January 15, 2019, 01:52 PM   #4
Sharkbite

Quote:
I was just told by someone else that Agency Arms can redo/fix the MOS crappy cut.
Yep, the buddy i sold the MOS Glock to is a machinist, and he redid the slide to allow the RMR to screw directly to the slide. He used that one as a prototype and now offers that service to his customers
Old January 15, 2019, 02:33 PM   #5
Tactical Jackalope

Uh....lol share the wealth, bud. Can you DM me his info?
Old January 16, 2019, 05:25 AM   #6
Spats McGee
Staff

I look forward to seeing the Tactical Jackalope G19 when it's done.
Old January 16, 2019, 08:49 AM   #7
Tactical Jackalope

The Lope 19 is going to be fitted with a Suarez International slide and an RMR.

Can't wait!

Now when this'll happen? Who knows.