The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 14, 2019, 09:13 AM   #26
jpx2rk

I have a range buddy who has stated several times that for every new gun he gets, his wife gets the same amount of $$ to spend as she sees fit. Something about spending the kid's inheritance now rather than later. LOL.
Old January 14, 2019, 02:41 PM   #27
Nick_C_S

Quote:
Nick,
They tend to multiply like rabbits in the gunsafe. Or so i've heard.
I know. It's weird.
Old January 14, 2019, 09:05 PM   #28
DPI7800

Before my wife and I got married we talked about how we were going to take care of our finances. I said easy you have your account I’ll have mine and then we will have a joint account that we each put a set amount in every payday.

Well she didn’t like that one bit and insisted we have one joint account. I said “ok that would be fine but every time you want some new shoes, a new purse, now clothes, to get your nails done or your hair done you need to come and talk to me about it first because it’s not just your money it is ours, therefore we have equal say on how it is spent.”

There was a slight pause from her and then a response of “I like you your idea of the three accounts.”

I am free to purchase what I want, when I want with no worries of repercussions from the wife.
Old January 15, 2019, 12:57 PM   #29
jfruser

I am enough of a penny-pincher and analyst that when I actually purchase a gun or gun accouterments, she knows I thought it out, ran a spreadsheet, and got a reasonable deal.

Also, the most expensive guns we have ever bought have been those bought for her. She has tougher requirements to meet than I have and that costs money.
Old January 15, 2019, 11:57 PM   #30
Prof Young

My Carol Ann appreciates the savings . . .

I hit the range a couple times a week. Couple years back the cost of ammo came up and I explained how much per round I saved by reloading my own. Especially the larger calibers where one might save fifty cents or more on one round. Since that time the issue has never come up again. All my reloading stuff is on open shelves in the reloading room. She even calls it the reloading room. Gotta love that woman.

Live is good.
Prof Young