The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 15, 2000, 03:33 PM   #1
elmoh

Has anyone used a Fobus Holster, If so, how good are they, Thanks in advanced.
Old October 15, 2000, 05:21 PM   #2
JimFox

Have one of their paddle holsters for the 1911. Rattles, but is comfortable and secures the gun solidly. The little projections on the back of the paddle really work well if you use a belt. Not a concealment holster unless you're wearing trench coats or parkas.

------------------
Jim Fox
Old October 15, 2000, 05:37 PM   #3
house

Was thinking of geting one for my glock30. how do they fit? i heard some of them a very loose and some are tight? the warenty on them seem very good moeny back and life time.
any one else have experince with fobus? please post. Also price is very NICE
Old October 15, 2000, 06:22 PM   #4
VaughnT

They are very cheap, but they do hold the gun.

Be sure to check if it will cover the muzzle of your weapon. My full-size 1911 has about an inch sticking out of the bottom.

The plastic is soft and easily scratched, but I haven't had a rivet pop or such. Seems well put together.

The paddle holster I have is quite nice about keeping the gun tight to the side, and the teeth insure that it cannot pull free on the draw.

Overall rating? I'll say 7 out of 10. It could be a lot better if it was longer to cover the muzzle completely, especially considering that the 1911 is extremely popular. And a flap of plastic between the grip and the body would be nice just to prevent shirt snagging on the holstering. Of course, my love handles might have something to do with the latter.

------------------
When Reason Fails.....
Old October 16, 2000, 08:33 AM   #5
Intel6

I finally got a paddle version for my G20 and really like it. I have heard people with other models of them for Glocks complain about fit but mine fits great and doesn't stick out of the bottom of the holster like the 1911 version. It is softer than Kydex type holsters but I like that about them. I have a Gunsite (made by Blade tech) for my 1911 and it is starting to wear spots in the blue because it is so hard.

Over all I like it and they are so cheap, they are worth trying out if you are not sure.

[This message has been edited by Intel6 (edited October 17, 2000).]
Old October 16, 2000, 09:19 AM   #6
stanmog

If you decide to buy one, shop around. I've seen the 1911 holster for as little as $12.99
Old October 16, 2000, 10:50 AM   #7
Icopy

I was going to get one but decided against it. With use, the black paint wears off one of the rivets that sits against your frame. This can scratch the heck out of your finish. I've heard that the fix is simple, just put some epoxy on the rivet.
Old October 16, 2000, 01:04 PM   #8
Zen Arcade

For the money, they're hard to beat.

I've got one each of the paddle variety for a Glock 21 and the Makarov. No complaints and you can do a hand stand and not have the piece drop out. YMMV!
Old October 16, 2000, 02:18 PM   #9
DMSC

I have one that I carry my G34 in when shooting IDPA matches. It works really well, especially considering the low price.
Old October 17, 2000, 10:11 AM   #10
LASur5r

Really? I can do a headstand with my holster on?
Shoot fire, I couldn't do a headstand before I bought my Fobus holster...Let's see, Nope, I still can't do that headstand.
I can do a roll with it on and the H & K compact stays in there. I just got it the other day so we'll see.
Old October 19, 2000, 06:06 AM   #11
Tree Rat

Junk Junk Junk, Get yourself a Blade Tech. Tree Rat.