The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 3, 2018, 04:04 PM   #1
Old Stony

Pedersoli parts

I happened to acquire a .45 caliber Pedersoli Kentucky pistol, that was missing the brass nose cap. At this point I have not been able to find any supplier that has such a thing, and I will probably end up having to remake something from some other brand to fit it.
My big question is why is something like this not available? I have tried to contact Pedersoli about this part, and can't even get them to respond to an e-mail....I understand this is pretty common for them.
Old May 3, 2018, 06:37 PM   #2
Pahoo

Been there and still doing that !!!

Stony
The problem you have is you are not sure what exactly it looks like. Why not try Dixie or Track of the wolf. Pedersoli make a number of these that were sold or imported under a different name. I have run into these problems before when restoring orphaned M/L's. I'm still looking for a Keyed wedge for my Browning Mountain rifle. I did make a sub but it's not exact. ....

Oh yes, I do have a Pedersoli Kentucky pistol but not sure how that's going to help you. ....

Be Safe !!!
Old May 4, 2018, 12:04 AM   #3
ms6852

Call Texas Jacks in Fredericksburg Texas ask to speak to the manager he might be able to refer you to the right people.

https://www.texasjacks.com/
Old May 4, 2018, 05:25 AM   #4
Old Stony

I have tried Dixie and Track of the Wolf. I ordered the closest thing I could find from Track, and have started cutting it down some to fit...but it's going to be quite a project as it is just a hollow shell, and not a cast piece. I guess I will try Texas Jacks and see if they can offer any help.
I have seen quite a few companies that advertise Pedersoli parts, but they mostly just have stuff like overpriced tang sights for rifles and that sort of thing. I don't know how a company like Pedersoli can ignore the public like they do, and still be doing business.
Old May 4, 2018, 08:22 AM   #5
ms6852

I bought a Pedersoli Sharps from Texas Jacks a few months ago, and the manager their stated that they had a gunsmith there in Fredericksburg that worked on pedersoli firearms. But I agree, there should be an easier way to have access to their parts without having to jump through hoops or talk Italian.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:48 AM   #6
Old Stony

Just sent a check off to Flintlocks Etc....got a response from him saying he had it in stock ! What a journey this has been searching all over the world for a simple part. I don't think I'll be buying anything else Pedersoli, no matter what the circumstances.
Old May 4, 2018, 06:09 PM   #7
Hawg

You could have poured one from pewter.
Old May 4, 2018, 07:49 PM   #8
Old Stony

I thought seriously about pouring one with pewter, but don't really like having the color contrast so much between it and the brass on the pistol. I have some rifles with them poured and they do look good that way. This is just going to be sort of a beater pistol for me anyway and I just wanted the easiest way out of it all.
Old May 5, 2018, 12:14 PM   #9
T. O'Heir

Suspect you need to talk to VTI REPLICA GUN PARTS, LAKEVILLE, CT(www.vtigunparts.com) or LEE SHAVER GUNSMITH, LAMAR, MO.(Phone: 417-682-3330. Email: [email protected]) vs the Pedersoli home office.
I think the Flinter and Percussion use the same stocks. No parts at all at Gunparts. New kits only.
"...why is something like this not available..." No demand.
Old May 5, 2018, 06:45 PM   #10
4V50 Gary
Staff

What Hawg suggested. My first attempt had excellent results. My second not so. finally figured out that because of the small pour area, the pewter cooled off and stopped flowing evenly. This is with two torches on the area to be poured too.
Old May 27, 2018, 04:21 AM   #11
Old Stony

I finally located the parts at Flintlock etc....and they shipped them to me. Just a thin piece of brass and a screw was all it took. They shipped it right away and solved my problem.
Now....lo and behold...I get an e-mail from Pedersoli saying they do have the parts. One small problem is they are over the top expensive ! For one thing, they want $20.00 for shipping...for parts that would go into an envelope and probably don't weigh an ounce.
I still have a hard time warming up to their products and services.
Old May 27, 2018, 06:10 AM   #12
fourbore

Quote:
.I get an e-mail from Pedersoli saying they do have the parts. One small problem is they are over the top expensive ! For one thing, they want $20.00 for shipping...for parts that would go into an envelope and probably don't weigh an ounce. I still have a hard time warming up to their products and services.
This mirrors my experience with main springs on a double shogun. Warming up, not even close - They are the worst.