The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 7, 2020, 06:45 PM   #1
Prof Young

Hornady customer service.

First, see "Bad day at the range" in the general handgun forum. A quick catch up here is that I was shooting 22 mag Hornady V-max in my NAA Blackwidow. First three rounds went bang, next two went BLAM, and the second one broke the gun's main spring. (Why didn't I stop after the first "hot" round.) Called Hornady today and talked to a technical help guy. He sent me specific instructions on how to send them the remainder of the unfired rounds, plus a free fed-ex mailing label, plus the promise of some replacement ammo.

Will keep you all informed as to what happens next.

Life is good.

Prof Young
Old February 8, 2020, 07:15 PM   #2
dfwkid

I believe they'll treat you right. You don't have to worry as a major ammo maker they have a reputation to protect and actually care about the customer and their product. They might even replace that spring. You might want to check the others.
Old February 9, 2020, 02:07 AM   #3
Scorch

Told ya so!
Old February 26, 2020, 07:27 PM   #4
Prof Young

Heard back from Hornady.

Got a call from Preston at Hornady. They tested the remaining ammo and found no glitches. He asked about the gun. With full disclosure to NAA about the circumstances, they are honoring the warranty none the less so, bravo to NAA. He also told me they were sending me some ammo. We'll see.
Life is good.
Prof Young
Old February 26, 2020, 09:35 PM   #5
reynolds357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof Young View Post
Got a call from Preston at Hornady. They tested the remaining ammo and found no glitches. He asked about the gun. With full disclosure to NAA about the circumstances, they are honoring the warranty none the less so, bravo to NAA. He also told me they were sending me some ammo. We'll see.
Life is good.
Prof Young
They have good customer service. When their steel cased match first came out, I had a box of 50 in 308 that had to be snapped 2 to 3 times to make fire. I sent back to them about 20 fired and 30 unfired. They sent me 60 (3 boxes) of their 168 gr, brass cased, match ammo.
Old March 21, 2020, 10:20 PM   #6
Prof Young

No replacement ammo yet . . .

It's been almost a month and no replacement ammo from Hornady. Not a big deal so far as I am concerned. Just an FYI.

Life is good.
Prof Young
Old March 23, 2020, 04:00 PM   #7
DaleA

My very limited experience is that if a big company actually says they will do something they actually will do it. That said a couple of times I've had to write and tell them I haven't received their product yet. Each time it worked out fine for me with just one reminder sent.

I'd say that after a patient month of waiting you sure could send them a reminder.
Old March 23, 2020, 11:54 PM   #8
Scorch

Call them up! This month has been crazy in the gun business, so they probably have their hands full trying to catch up with demand.
Old March 24, 2020, 12:14 AM   #9
TruthTellers

All I can say is that I have found .22 Magnum to be less reliable and more inconsistent than .22 LR in every revolver I have shot. Thankfully, none of that is a safety issue, but this ammo clearly was.

You paid for ammunition that caused an issue in your gun, were told to send it back, and haven't received anything in return as compensation. I don't accept that, even tho it probably cost $15, that's still money you have parted with and should get something of value in return. You're not running a charity and if you had gone to Popeye's for their chicken sandwich and gotten fat and gristle on a moldy bun, you wouldn't accept that either.

Call them up and tell them your still waiting for that replacement box of ammo because you need it to trade to a friend who has a 4 pack of toilet paper.
Old June 1, 2020, 07:11 PM   #10
Prof Young

Hornady Comes Through

First see post called "Hornady Customer Service" in the general discussion forum about two months ago.

Well, two days ago a package from Hornady arrived with no less than 150 22 mag rounds. V-max!

I'd given up on this. Figured I only sent them a dozen rounds to test. Over two months but they came through. I'm guessing there may have been some "shut downs" due to the pandemic.

Thanks you Hornady.

Life is good.
Prof Young
Old June 1, 2020, 07:57 PM   #11
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Topics merged for convenience.
Jeepaholic
Old June 23, 2020, 03:25 PM   #12
tank1949

Covid has all companies and government sources delayed. Be patient or just call them back.
Old June 23, 2020, 05:24 PM   #13
JakeE

Everywhere I go or call people are back ordered or late. Some economic downturn we had huh?
Old June 24, 2020, 03:48 PM   #14
buck460XVR

Kudos to Hornady.
Old July 21, 2020, 11:25 AM   #15
langenc

Hornady screwed me couple yrs ago. I bought a unused set of 223 dies on ebay. They had a l00 bullet bonus at the time. I couldnt get the bullets cause I wasnt the "ORIGINAL" owner of the dies. Previous owner had NOT collected bullets either.