The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 7, 2021, 03:45 PM   #1
ndking1126

First AR Lower build, trigger/bolt release

I have a PSA lower and parts group and a Rise Armament SST trigger that I have put together. I watched multiple, multiple videos until I felt i knew what was definitely supposed to happen before I started.

Now that everything is put together, when the trigger is pulled and the top half of the trigger is all the way forward, it touches the bolt release lever. Is this normal? I don't seem to remember this happening on any of my service rifles.

Also on this trigger, its labeled as single stage, but if pull the hammer back and then slowly let it move forward, itll catch about half a cm before being all the way forward. I can pull the trigger a little farther and it moves the rest of the way forward. Is that normal for a single stage trigger? Also I just noticed that if you push the hammer back down to simulate a BCG sliding rearward and resetting the trigger, it clicks twice before being all the way reset.

Https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SnG...w?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by ndking1126; February 7, 2021 at 03:50 PM.
Old February 7, 2021, 04:02 PM   #2
ndking1126

Watched a few more videos and it looks like having two clicks is normal for AR triggers.. I went with a drop in because I didnt want to have to deal with the inner workings... oh well, still had too haha
Old February 8, 2021, 03:55 AM   #3
DnPRK

The hammer is hitting the bolt stop.

Allowing the hammer to smack the bolt stop can break the bolt stop and break the thin forward wall of the receiver's FCG well.

If you must snap the hammer, put your off hand thumb in front of it to cushion the hammer fall. Better still, install the complete upper receiver (with BCG and charging handle). With the upper installed, you can snap away without causing any damage.
Old February 8, 2021, 11:13 AM   #4
ndking1126

To clarify, I'm not letting it come forward on it's own. I ease it forward with my hand.

Thank you for your response.