The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 3, 2009, 10:28 AM   #1
awaveritt

9mm 124 gr. and bullseye

I load tons of 115gr fmj using 4.5 gr. of bullseye in my CZ75 and it loves them. Now i'm thinking of trying some 124 gr. fmj plated from Berrys. Anyone have any pet loads for this bullet using Bullseye?
Old September 3, 2009, 10:31 AM   #2
medalguy

I don't use Bullseye but I have used the Berry's bullets. My only comment is to keep the velocity below 1000 fps to avoid stripping the plating off when shooting. Higher velocities can result in erratic accuracy. Personally, I use Accurate #7 with great results but that's just my own preference.
Old September 3, 2009, 10:57 AM   #3
McClintock

Accuracy?

awaveritt, I'm assuming (but you all know what happens when we assume...) that this is an accurate load for you, am I right? I'm searching for an accurate load for my CZ75 (pre-B), because the target load I use in my M&P does not work well in the CZ. What kind of groups (if in fact you shoot for group size) do you get from this load? I use my CZ for PPC shooting at up to 50 yards (at which I'm a terrible shot... looks more like a buckshot blast from a shotgun than a group at that distance...)

Just curious. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
McClintock
Old September 3, 2009, 11:11 AM   #4
awaveritt

Quote:
What kind of groups (if in fact you shoot for group size) do you get from this load?
Althought I am not a serious target shooter, this load consistently puts a 16 round magazine into a fist-sized group at 15 yards (50ft slow-fire pistol target). At 25 I can usually keep them all in the black if I concentrate. I've only sandbagged this load once and they all made it into the black at 25yds. so I deemed this load to be more accurate than I can shoot. Hope this helps.
Old September 3, 2009, 11:18 AM   #5
McClintock

For sure, it definitely helps!

Thanks, awaveritt! That's exactly the information I was looking for... looks like I'm off to try and find some BullsEye!

Thanks again!

Cheers!
McClintock
Old September 3, 2009, 02:57 PM   #6
margiesex

A sister might help out...

I don't use Bullseye for the 9, but Unique.

I've tossed 124 HXT's for years now - best load I've found for them. 5.1 grains of Unique.

Hope this helps - if you can find some.

God bless and good shooting

Margiesex

And remember: Hug your God and your guns - ' cause he's coming for them both, and soon.