The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 26, 2016, 12:54 PM   #1
tucker251

Looking for a gun safe.

I am looking for a quality (budget friendly) gun safe. I have two sidearms, soon to be 3, and a shotgun. I will have an AR in the future just not sure when. I am looking for something that will be of good quality yet not to expensive. I know there is a "safe" thread just a few rows down but I need something bigger and I didnt want to stomp all over their thread with my wants/needs. TIA!
Old August 26, 2016, 02:21 PM   #2
Reloadron

You are going to have to decide what works best for you. That said I have seen gun cabinets starting at $129 and working up to gun safes costing several thousand dollars like a Graffunder Safe.

If you have any large sporting goods chains in your area I suggest you visit them and get an idea of what size will house what. Also start reading the differences between a RSC (Residential Security Container) and actual gun safe based on the UL (Underwriters Laboratories) ratings. Weigh out your needs allowing for future and your budget. When I got my first safe it was a large AMSEC (American Security) and it served me well. Unfortunately things have grown and I need another safe. It will likely be another AMSEC the size of the first one.

Ron
Old August 26, 2016, 04:18 PM   #3
spacecoast

The video on the front page of http://cesafes.com/ has a lot of good intro information.