The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 17, 2005, 01:08 AM   #1
cdc

Anyone know anything about the Spartan SPR310 O/U Sporting?

It looks like Remington imports this O/U and it is cheap.

http://www.spartangunworks.com/spr310_sporting.htm

http://www.remington.com/magazine/current/2004_0902.asp
Old October 17, 2005, 02:21 AM   #2
DPris
Member Emeritus

Don't know the specific model, but Remington picked up the import rights to the Baikal shotguns EAA brought in for several years.
They're usually pretty rugged, not very fancy.
Denis
Old October 17, 2005, 10:08 AM   #3
Just Lookin

CDC

I just picked one up a few weeks ago NIB.... and I have to say that it is one incredible gun for the $399 that I paid for it

It has a very nice hardwood stock and forend with a nice finish. It's extremely sturdy and closes tight..... and the recoil pad does a great job absorbing most of the shock..... although I haven't fired any slugs through.

I was looking for a cheap O/U to start shooting skeet with, and it has performed well beyond my expectations.... it's no $1,500 Browning, but its a great gun for the money.

Hope this info helps,

Jim
Old October 18, 2005, 02:16 AM   #4
cdc

Thanks for the info guys. I was just curious, the Spartan SPR310 O/U Sporting seemed to have many features for the money. I think I am going to stick with the original plans and get an 1100. After too many hours of research I have landed onto two 1100 models. Unfortunately I found out from Remington that my #1 choice will not be available for sale until Spring of 2006! Below are links to the two 1100s. Tomorrow night I am going to check out several nice guns at the trap range before I purchase.

#1 choice so far is the model 1100 Competition, but not available!!!: The 1100 model with adjustable comb: http://www.remington.com/firearms/sh...ompetition.htm

#2 Choice is the 1100 Classic Trap: http://www.remington.com/firearms/sh...1100clstrp.HTM
Old October 18, 2005, 07:00 AM   #5
Just Lookin

Both good quality guns...... I'm sure you'll be extremely happy with either one.

Jim
Old October 18, 2005, 07:09 PM   #6
salber01

great gun.

I have a baikal izh 27 ( now called the Spartan)and I love it. selective trigger, choke tubes $350 NIB

I started using it for single and double trap and found it a little light so I put about a pound of lead in the stock bolt hole and it tamed the recoil and helped it swing nicer. I wouldn't trade it for a browning and I am not afraid to take it in the field unlike a thousand dollar browning or barreta
Old May 23, 2007, 04:07 PM   #7
amessin

SPR310 Sporting

I bought my new SPR310 Sporting about 3wks ago, and I love it. But I have had a problem with the action opening. After I shoot it, it has a tendency to not want to open. I have to play with it for a while to get it to open. A pain in the butt.

I think that the locking plate is askew and sticks too far out on the right side. Also my lever looks like it's not center and is to the right a bit which might prevent the levar from opening the gun. But I don't have this problem when the gun is empty, only after i fire the gun and want to open it to get the shell(s) out.

All in all it is an awsome gun, I love mine.
Old May 26, 2007, 09:28 AM   #8
FirstFreedom

Dunno about the O/U or S/S shotuns specifically, but I do have on order a Baikal/Spartan combo gun in 12 ga/ .223 rem (should come in today), so PM me in a few days if you would like my impression of it.
Old April 9, 2011, 07:30 PM   #9
IowaYoungGun

Howdy all! I know this is a super old forum, but.... I was wondering if 6 years later.... are you still happy with the purchase? I am going to get one for my nephew to start shooting trap with.