The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old April 27, 2009, 07:46 PM   #1
ramp_tech

Smith and Wesson

So I ordered a spring for my S&W semi-auto about 10 days ago and was informed that the item is in stock and will be ship the next day. I gave the gentleman my CC info and my address.(not happy with the $5.00 shipping charge)

Having dealt with S&W's customer service before, I have always enjoy their service, and have regard their CS dept one of the best in the industry...until Today.

The gentleman filled the order for me told me to expect the item to arrive within 2~5 business days, and I waited patiently for a week. After 7 business days passed (10 days since order filled includes weekend), I still yet to receive my package.

I called their CS dept today and inquired the status of my order, I was told to "chill off" and the package should arrive soon......[color=#FF0000]β–ˆ[/color][color=#FF0000]β–ˆ[/color][color=#FF0000]β–ˆ[/color]...

I am not a happy camper today, especially when they charge me $5.00 for shipping of a tiny spring plus their arrogant attitude (I was very polite & nice)...if I don't get my spring within 3 days, I am going to call them back and chow the sob's a$$ off.

Sorry for the rant... just gotta let it out somehow.

Last edited by ramp_tech; April 27, 2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: typo
Old April 27, 2009, 09:35 PM   #2
Hardtarget

gotta' wonder about a response like that. Seems to me you gave them the proper time.and its logical to wonder if it was lost in the mail...or just sitting in the wrong place and never was sent. Things like that do happen...maybe he needs to do the chillin'!

Mark
Old April 27, 2009, 09:45 PM   #3
Keltyke

Quote:
if I don't get my spring within 3 days, I am going to call them back and chow the sob's a$$ off.
If that's how you addressed the guy at S&W on the phone, I completely understand his response. You get more flies with honey than vinegar.
Old April 27, 2009, 10:44 PM   #4
ramp_tech

Quote:
If that's how you addressed the guy at S&W on the phone, I completely understand his response. You get more flies with honey than vinegar.
I can't help but wonder whether you are a S&W employee.

I was very polite on the phone ; patience as well since I had to wait on the phone in 2 occasions for a total of 20 minutes; I was frustrated toward the end but I did not took it on the guy--- I really didn't get pi$$ed until an hour after.:barf:
Old April 27, 2009, 11:29 PM   #5
hillbillyshooter

Sorry to hear about the problems.
The only interaction I have had with S&W CS was great. Had a tiny scratch on my slide. Sent it back, new one in 4 days. So there is no misunderstanding, I am not a S&W employee.
Old April 28, 2009, 06:44 AM   #6
Bud Helms

ramp_tech:
Quote:
... if I don't get my spring within 3 days, I am going to call them back and chow the sob's a$$ off.
Keltyke:
Quote:
ramp_tech:
Quote:
I can't help but wonder whether you are a S&W employee.
Ramp_tech, I think you earned that comment.
Old April 28, 2009, 06:53 AM   #7
BlueTrain

I've ordered things directly from S&W and received polite service. Too bad you can't get these things from Amazon.
Buy War Bonds.
Old April 28, 2009, 12:01 PM   #8
Tom Servo
Staff

I've dealt with S&W's customer service and found them to be very responsive, polite and accomodating.

You are aware of the current situation, what with a Democrat getting elected and a wee bit of panic among the buying populace? That's thrown a big wrench in the works for most gun companies. I'm not surprised that it's taking them that long to ship out a part.
Old April 28, 2009, 03:38 PM   #9
Conn. Trooper

S&W just put a whole new striker/firing pin assembly in my M&P .4o while I waited in the guard shack. I didn't even call ahead. I am also not the original owner of the gun, I bought it used and they still put all the new parts in it while I stood there. At 2 p.m. this afternoon.