The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old May 12, 2019, 10:26 PM   #51
kymasabe

I bought ten boxes of Winchester fmj years ago before they switched to the truncated bullet. That old Winchester ammo was awesome, ran perfectly in the P32, but I've had rimlock with the new junk.
Old May 13, 2019, 04:45 AM   #52
JERRYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymasabe View Post
I bought ten boxes of Winchester fmj years ago before they switched to the truncated bullet. That old Winchester ammo was awesome, ran perfectly in the P32, but I've had rimlock with the new junk.
that's because the new "junk" is shorter and about the same length as hollow point ammo. this shorter OAL (as I'm sure you know) aids in rim lock. it does however work well in my Seecamp .32
Old May 13, 2019, 04:13 PM   #53
jfruser

I own 2x Kel-Tec P-32 pistols and shot a bunch out of them. One is 20 years old, the other is 17 years old. Have 6 magazines between them. Never experienced rim lock. This includes an imperial buttload of Win 71gr FMJ-TC.

I do take care when loading magazines, though, and have experience with other repeaters that stack rimmed cartridges such as the 7.62x54R.
Old May 13, 2019, 05:00 PM   #54
1MoreFord

I have a bunch of Winchester .32 Silvertip because it's what my little Seecamp was designed around. These days the Seecamp forums say other ammo will run in one but that wasn't the case/common knowledge back years ago when I bought mine. Most likely there's better ammo these days but I stocked up when I got mine and feel what I have is usable.