The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old May 27, 2013, 08:49 PM   #1
bigwrench

Encore Problems

Purchased an encore in 204 ruger a while back in new unfired condition. However, the original purchaser had sent in the waranty registration at time of purchase. Now I have had time to scope and shoot the rifle and have found that it is a poor shooter. Upon inspection of rifle it apears that the throating has not been properly machined. The owners manual that came with the rifle states that warranty only applies to original purchaser. So my question is to those of you who have had experiance with S&W/TC customer service, do you think that they would be willing to make this problem right even though I am not the first purchaser of the rifle? And secondly if they will not what are my options to repair this barrel? Was thinking maybe 20-250 or 20-225 rechamber would do the trick.
Old May 27, 2013, 11:13 PM   #2
mxsailor803

TC usually has really good CS. I don't see why they wouldn't try to make it right.