The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 18, 2016, 06:30 PM   #1
Rifletom

Win model 1400

Saw a Win model 1400 at a shop today. Super clean, 28" VR barrel with one screw-in choke. Not familiar with these. Oh, its a 12ga chambered for 2.75" only. What can you guys tell me about this? Asking price is $250.00. The choke is mod. Thanks guys.
Old March 18, 2016, 09:39 PM   #2
Rifletom

Ohhh, never mind. After talking to a couple of buddies who are waaay into shotgunning, they said FORGET it! If you need parts, they may be hard to find, a lot of reliability issues. Done with this one. Glad I didn't buy on impulse.
Old March 19, 2016, 12:42 PM   #3
Creek Henry

Hay

25 years ago I got a new 1400 for $260 and used it all of the time for dove and skeet. I could and can still hit with that gun.

But, you have to pamper that model. It's action isn't rugged and mine worked best with a very narrow shell range. It doesn't like reloads either.

For the occassional shooter, it might be fine. For the high volume shooter, imo pass on it.