The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old December 6, 2017, 01:05 PM   #51
Armybrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmodragoon View Post
In general, .327 Federal gives you higher capacity and lower recoil than the .357 magnum while still providing significantly more power than .38 special.
And that, my dear sirs, is why I bought the reintroduced SP101 in .327. It might fit my needs, it might not - but that's my choice whether others dismiss it or not.
However, I shall invest in a few boxes of the 85 grain to supplement the four of 100gr bought for my Happy 73rd Birthday yesterday..... ($5 cash rebate per box too)

Ruger QC problems? I've read of such frequently on the various gun forums, but have not encountered it in the past two years with the 4 new handguns I purchased - New Vaquero 5.5" stainless .357, Super Blackhawk 5.5" stainless, New Vaquero 4.62" stainless .357, LCP (Gen 2). All are flawless in fit & finish and function better than I do. I expect the same with the new SP.

and for your viewing pleasure - the last NV:

Last edited by Armybrat; December 6, 2017 at 01:33 PM.