The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 8, 2020, 10:44 AM   #1
CDR_Glock

Target stands for heavy hitting magnums

I have a few heavy magnums in 454 Casull, 460 Magnum and 500 Magnum. Oftentimes my steel targets collapse after a hit or two. I have the Last Stand Target system but it’s a bit cumbersome to transport. My Arntzen Target tripods fall over.

Does anyone have recommendations on steel target stands that will stay up after a heavy hitter?

I’d like to shoot at 50 to 100 yards, mainly.

Thank you in advance.

I apologize if this is in the wrong subsection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old May 8, 2020, 07:58 PM   #2
sako2

Built mine out of electrical conduit. Got 2 12' pieces at lowes and had the cut 1 into 4' pieces and 4' off the other 1. For the 4 legs and used the 8' piece for the cross bar. Used a 3 way pipe connector to put it together. https://www.google.com/search?q=3+wa...TP9NyrB1XBjsWM Used 1 like the 1 from academyfence.com. Got everything at lowes for about $50. Hug the targets with fire hose.
Old May 8, 2020, 09:00 PM   #3
CDR_Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sako2 View Post
Built mine out of electrical conduit. Got 2 12' pieces at lowes and had the cut 1 into 4' pieces and 4' off the other 1. For the 4 legs and used the 8' piece for the cross bar. Used a 3 way pipe connector to put it together. https://www.google.com/search?q=3+wa...TP9NyrB1XBjsWM Used 1 like the 1 from academyfence.com. Got everything at lowes for about $50. Hug the targets with fire hose.

Wow.

Pic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro