The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 11, 2017, 09:48 AM   #1
Lohman446

EDC flashlights

I am just starting to look around at EDC flashlights and know very little on the subject - ok next to nothing. I have some ideas working around my mind but realize that I'm not even certain if I know what I don't know. I'm thinking front pocket on this so I don't want it to be stupidly large.

Thoughts? Experiences?
Old December 11, 2017, 10:10 AM   #2
mete

Lot's of choice out there !
For pocket type I use Fenix E 12.One AA battery, three brightness settings , quality made , good reputation.
Fullsize type , Pelican , three "C" cells greater coverage, .Good quality and reputation.
Both of these are water resistant or proof depending on the exact model.
Old December 11, 2017, 10:17 AM   #3
Lohman446

I guess I should classify that I drastically prefer to go with pocket size.
Old December 11, 2017, 12:44 PM   #4
ocharry

i have a single cell (aa) light,, Nextorch is the name on it,,,got it off a clearance rack at GameMasters,,,,bout 60-80 lummes i guess,,,dont remember what the package said,,,pretty bright,,,has a high,,low,,and strobe,,,also can connect to computer and change how it works,,,i have it so first on is high,,,it is also a regulated light,,,so when it starts to dim,,,it only goes so far and you need a bat change

i picked this thing up on a close out rack for $7,,,i have had it for about 3 years,,,i never thought much about it when i was younger but i got to say i use this little light all the time,,,kinda like my carry gun,,,i feel naked without it

when you pick,,,,and there are lots to pick from,,,get a good one and you wont be sorry,,,dont look past the expensive ones,,,,BUT,,,dont get caught up in that either,,,,there are lots of good lights out there for not lots of money

you might try Battery Junction,,they have lots of lights,,,,,keep your eyes peeled,,,you might stumble onto a jem somewhere you least expect it

my .02

ocharry
Old December 11, 2017, 09:51 PM   #5
CalmerThanYou

Check Out the Led Lenser F1R !000 Lumens, rechargeable, pocket carry flamethrower.
I like mine so much I bought several.