The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old December 1, 2006, 08:27 PM   #1
gkgold90

New equipment for IDPA and USPSA

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on a new holster and mag holder before I waste a ton of money on stuff that does not work.

Here is the deal. I plan on shooting IDPA and USPSA next year.
I own a CZ75 SA 9mm.

Any and all detailed suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks

Larry
Old December 1, 2006, 09:27 PM   #2
eerw

first...the CZ75SA is a great gun..love mine...

in IDPA you will shoot in ESP, in USPSA you will shoot in L10 or Limited but with minor scoring. no big deal..

My favorites would be holster and pouches from Comp-Tac or from Kytac.
when you order..order the holster for the CZ75.40 as it has the same slide style as the 9mm SA.
Old December 2, 2006, 07:37 PM   #3
Boondoggie

+1 on the comp-tac.

http://www.comp-tac.com/
Old December 3, 2006, 03:36 AM   #4
glockopop

Don't worry about Minor scoring in L10 or Limited. Just focus on getting As. Matt Mink won his Grand Master classification in L10 and Limited using a CZ SP01 in 9mm.
Old December 3, 2006, 10:44 AM   #5
9mm1033

I'm new to USPSA as well, and I found the cheapy stuff doesn't work as smoothly as the better products. My choice for mag holders are Comp-tac and a holster from Blade-Tec. IIRC, if you choose Comp-tac, you must specify holders for IDPA or USPSA. The USPSA/IPSC holders are not legal for IDPA use.

Last edited by 9mm1033; December 5, 2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old December 3, 2006, 10:00 PM   #6
HSMITH

Comp Tac and Blade Tech is high grade stuff, just at reasonable prices. Cheap is Uncle Mikes and Fobus, well OK the Blade Tech injection molded stuff isn't much if any better than the other cheap stuff...

The true cheap stuff works pretty well too. I have some and have used it quite a bit. NOTHING wrong with starting out with a cheap holster and mag pouches, once you make Master you might want to look at new gear though I really don't think an Uncle Mikes holster and a couple Fobus pouches will keep you from making Master.

BIG fan of Blade Tech holsters here , I use them as primary gear for L-10 with a single stack, single stack, Production (3 different guns) and used one for Limited and L-10 until just recently. Great holsters!
Old December 15, 2006, 12:22 PM   #7
robertbank

Blade Tech has a special on right now. $95.00 gets you a double mag holder, a holster IDPA legal and a replaceable back for the holster so you can get the offset cant for IPSC/USPSA.

Boys up here did a study based on the Canadian Nationals and had the winners scored minor in Limited and open they would not have won over the 2nd place finisher shooting Major. Top shooters in the world probably could win with worn out GI 1911's but for the rest of us....

Take Care

Bob
Old December 15, 2006, 02:13 PM   #8
Mpeel

I shoot IDPA and use several holsters from Ready Tactical (www.pistolpacking.com). Chris is great to work with for getting what you need. I have holsters for Glock, 1911 and revolvers.

M
Old December 15, 2006, 03:03 PM   #9
M1911

comp-tac works for me.