The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 15, 2012, 09:18 PM   #1
Lonewulff

question about the savage axis

i understand the recoil lug is built into the stock in some fashion on this gun and that limits the parts available to upgrade/improve this weapon, BUT, will a savage 10/110 barrel fit the axis receiver? this would eliminate the barrel lug problem although if the receiver wont mount on a savage 10/110 stock then its moot i guess.
Old April 16, 2012, 01:22 AM   #2
dacaur

yes the savage edge/axis uses the same thread as all other savages. There are large shank and small, but I think the large is only used on magnums? The edge is small for sure.
Old April 16, 2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Lonewulff

sounds promising, so would there be an issue using a standard barrel and recoil lug in a standard savage stock? i mean i know all this is like dropping your front door key and walking around breaking the glass on the back door just to unlock the front door but im just curious.
Old April 16, 2012, 07:43 PM   #4
dacaur

I think the problem with that is that the action screw holes wont line up, and who knows if the trigger guard and safety will line up..... I havent read about someone trying that specificaly, but my gut tells me if it were that simple, I would have heard about it...
Old April 16, 2012, 08:56 PM   #5
Lonewulff

my thought as well but you never know. sometimes its the simplest things that get overlooked.