The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 5, 2011, 11:00 AM   #26
Hawg

Quote:
I guess we do know how to get certain peoples attention though, don't we?
Don't mess with a sleeping persons mind.
Old May 5, 2011, 08:05 PM   #27
Zathras

too late anyway...I traded for the 1875 outlaw...I love the look...too tempting to pass up..I will just buy another 1873 later in the month.
Old May 5, 2011, 08:44 PM   #28
MJN77

Good choice.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:09 PM   #29
Bill Akins

If you're going to get another '73 peacemaker, look at the 1873 Colt (clone) "peacemaker" Uberti Cattleman "Hombre" from Tanners Sports Center in Pa. You can't beat the price for $250.00 and since you traded your '73 peacemaker for the '75 Remy, you would be ahead of the game since I doubt you could get a brand new '75 Remy for $250.00 like you can the '73 "Hombre".

I think you made a good trade on the '75 Remy and then with one of the Tanner Uberti "Hombres" you'll have both for just another $250.00
I really like the quality and workmanship on my "Hombres" and in my opinion I think they are the best deal overall going on '73 peacemakers.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".
Old May 6, 2011, 09:29 AM   #30
Hardcase

I've gotta say that I think that the Remingtons are one of the prettiest revolvers that were ever made. I don't know if form follows function, but somehow that gusset that mimics the loading arm from the 1858s makes that a gorgeous firearm.
Old May 6, 2011, 09:47 AM   #31
ClemBert

For cryin' out loud fellas....how about some pictures?!?!?!?

Uberti 1875 (Remington 1875 clone)

Cimarron/Uberti Model P (Colt Peacemaker clone)

Uberti Cattleman Hombre

Was that so hard?
Old May 6, 2011, 10:28 AM   #32
Foto Joe

ClemBert,

Please upload a picture of the contents of that box supporting Photo #2. Also we should be able to examine the "gun" that shoots those "bullets" as well. Or is that the box you use for BPM ammo?
Old May 6, 2011, 10:34 AM   #33
ClemBert

Uh oh...did I mistakenly let the cat out of the bag? Is it possible to get the cat to get back into the bag without anyone noticing? Bad cat...bad, bad, bad cat.

p.s. the pics were borrowed off of the internet for informational purposes only for those of us who had no clue what the others were talking about.
Old May 7, 2011, 05:31 PM   #34
Zathras

great deal on the cattleman hombre..it looks parkerized, I know..I'm probably bein picky, but I want the 7 1/2 inch non parkerized model..but thanks for the tip..
Old May 7, 2011, 05:48 PM   #35
Hawg

It's not parkerized. It's blued over a bead blasted surface.
Old May 7, 2011, 06:40 PM   #36
Foto Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg Haggen
It's not parkerized. It's blued over a bead blasted surface.
Each persons likes/dislikes are theirs and theirs alone. Personally, I'm not impressed with the blued bead blasted surface. I know, I know, it took a lot of work by some robot to do it. A robot that had to be programmed by another robot that might have been in contact with a real human at some point in the post manufacturing process. Sorry, I got lost in thought...

I guess the Hombre kind of reminds me of those Harley Davidson motorcycles that the Motor Company released a few years ago that had the flat paint jobs. To me they looked like somebody had forgotten to spray the clear coat on before they shipped the bikes. I was asked to leave the Harley Davidson dealership when I mentioned to the salesman that if I was going to pay THAT kind of money for a motorcycle that couldn't accelerate faster than a Prius, I would like the paint job to be finished before I took delivery.

Some people were denied a sense of humor at birth I guess.