The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Closed Thread

Old May 22, 2010, 12:20 AM   #51
p99guy

Austin, take your meds. most of your 104 posts are WTB/WTS releted...oh, and you can "kill with your pocket knife"

Last edited by p99guy; May 22, 2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old May 22, 2010, 12:47 AM   #52
weapon247

not trying to be an ass

but I think both the sides are at a fault...

questions of serial numbers could have been asked privately [if at all]...

but firepower deleting his photobucket is also strange and unusual... he is also the owner of a gun forum in pakistan that now mostly remains off line but has never showed these weapons there apart from l85 I guess!!

this guy has been claiming different numbers of weapons sometimes it 40 Aks sometimes its 100 guns.. never been bothered really.. I am no friends with him or anything

seriously I doubt one can have that many FA licenses ( a PB license) that costs upwards of $2.5k [think: bribes etc] but well yes he is somewhat resourceful and from what I gathered he is in real estate business as well!!

in Pakistan real estate business is mostly about getting hold of someone else land, enmities etc .. that is maybe why the guy is paranoid about getting a hit on him!! jokes apart he's a good member and contributed a lot to this website!!

I have heard some really worrying remarks about Pakistan!! well it may have flaws but we all are not terrorist!! In fact Pakistan has paid the heaviest price for this war on terror more than 2500 soldiers have fallen and more than 10000 civilians have been killed we have had our economy slumped..

Just because you think one person is shady the whole of the country should also be the same???

I have been a quite member learning from the more knowledgeable members on the forum but seriously I cant take the fact that I am in a company of people that brand us terrorists!

good bye and take care
Old May 22, 2010, 01:10 AM   #53
p99guy

who is branding anybody as a terrorist? firepower says he baught it from a dealer with govt approval......no reason to doubt him on that, but that gun,
unlike a commercial offering could have only come from the British military.
its a current model and MOD property. Needless to say its allready been written off, and arent expecting it back....but they are concerned that there is a criminal wearing a british uniform- selling L85's. The UK doent give L85's out as aid, because they have too few to go around for there own uses.
There just isnt that many of them....and they aren't in production.

if it was a brand new MK16 SCAR we americans would have the same concern.

Last edited by p99guy; May 22, 2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old May 22, 2010, 03:49 AM   #54
sid10101

That is really not what we were saying..
Pakis, got to love them, worked with them, good bunch.

We do not supply weapons in 'aid packages' well not L85 as it is known that no other army uses them, so they are traced back to us.
IF anything, well throw in some M16/M4's, because they are too common to trace.
So we know where this one came from, an to be honest, the military police are quite interested in arms trafficking routes, after all the people who brought this out of afghan, are the ones bringing in the aks and ied materials..

This thread got posted on the british army's forum, caused great concern through many ranks. Conern as to where it came from, not who has it now.
Old May 22, 2010, 04:25 AM   #55
gyvel

OMG! I had best be silent about my Lee-Enfields, Webley & Scotts & Sniders, lest HM Government start investigating me...
Old May 22, 2010, 06:48 AM   #56
Firepower!

Calirification

Hi
I thing I owe everyone an apology for not replying before I called it a day. Please know that in Pakistan in Derra Adam Khail of tribal region all guns are available foreign as well as Pakistani. This was a burnt piece which got fixed up and was up for sale and I bought not know it would upset anyone. I will return it to seller- period. If anyone of you have been in that region yopu would know that there are tons of auto weapon with new numbers cuz they usually get their burnt or broken.
I have been part of this community and loved you guys, as I lived in the US as well and love it. To this day my best frineds are not from here but from the US. I never thought I would be accused here for innocently sharing my hobby. I hate Taliban (bastards) as much as you guys. They killed more Pakis then any other nation. They are the desease that we suffer from more then any other nation. With American+international community help we will win the war against them.

If anyone is conern about the military arms plesae take a visit to Derra Adam Khail or Jamrood in Pakistan and you will know what I am talking about. Once you choose a weapon there it then gets registered on your license through a tribal malik (leader who has authority to do so).

Last night was my daughter's birthday and this mess ruined it for me. I am not whinning but I am very disappointed that the time I took to post over 2000 posts and pictures went in vain. I tried so hard to be part of you guys, and 99.999% of you are wonderful bunch. I also wish I was in the US like you where I could walk in to a good store and buy branded stuff. Unfortunately, I dont have that luxary.

Now that I have told all of you where in Pakistn auto weapons are avialable. I reqyest the MODs to close this thread and put an end to this mess. I deleted my photo bucket because I dont want to be accouned of steeling some one's broomhaldes or pistols. I am a law abiding citizens just like you and wont want to be part of any mess.

Again I am sorry if I have "unintentionally" hurt anyone's feelings.
Old May 22, 2010, 07:22 AM   #57
gyvel

Deleted post

Last edited by gyvel; May 23, 2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old May 22, 2010, 08:33 AM   #58
medic1

Fire power. keep the gun it is yours. The mod will let you keep it. If there is nothing wrong with it. please keep as we may need it to make sure no ones selling them in the uk.
Old May 22, 2010, 08:44 AM   #59
p99guy

No reason to leave, or even consider it that much of a mess...no one is laying any hate on you. No one is trying to take your L85 away.
Seems a whole bunch of folks are reading these posts and seeing words that that my computer screen isnt showing.
The only thing it has really identified so far is that a couple of posters on my side of the ocean have some really skewed sense of right and wrong(and their darn proud of it)

Last edited by p99guy; May 22, 2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old May 22, 2010, 11:27 AM   #60
Billy_Whizz

Hi Guys, I am a long time lurker here and am an ex pat living in New York, and have just joined to comment on this thread.

Gun laws are very different in the UK, and gun collecting & shooting for civilians is virtually non-existent now.

I have tracked down the following thread on a British Forces Forum

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewto...c/start=0.html

which I believe started the posts on here.

The L85A2 (modified L85A1) of the the SA80 series have never been sold or supplied to anyone outside of the British Forces, (A number of un-modified A1's were) and certainly not as an 'Aid Packages' as it would be traced back with ease. The British Govenment have plenty of captured weapons including AK's & FAL's should they wish to do so.

The guys posting here are serving soldiers who's feelings are high about a possible weapon taken of a dead British soldier, or stolen from somewhere, and are trying to find out where this weapon came from.
Old May 22, 2010, 12:30 PM   #61
11B3H

Might I point out to some here that if the Rifle in Question was a U.S. Issue M-4 taken from the body of one of Our Men, some of you here might not be so "Golly gee, Kewl rifle doood". Myself I would be outraged, but maybe that comes from seeing friends bled out and their gear missing.

The Revolution ended 227 years ago, since then we & the Limeys have fought and bled together all over the world. I really got to wonder about someone so flippant as to crack jokes about the Sunset of the British Empire......

Imagine the L85 was carried by your Son/Daughter who's dead, or a close friend, then laugh about it wise guy.(Gyvel, Looking right at you). You dont have to be a Dick all the time.
Old May 22, 2010, 12:49 PM   #62
p99guy

lol, great we managed to fit right into the mold of the stereotypical idiots we are thought to be by the rest of the world allready.

eeew wee, standby for hopalong Dingle berry, and his trusty sidekick, Numb nuts next poke at inter-nation-al reletions with Nato Allies.

11B3H, Spot on!
Old May 22, 2010, 01:13 PM   #63
ScottRiqui

I don't know how much of it was us fitting the stereotype, or just the fact that the stereotype is out there. They were pretty quick to whip out "redneck" as well as calling us "disturbed individuals", saying that we need to "get out more...without our guns".
Old May 22, 2010, 01:55 PM   #64
theP8riot

I suppose that I should prostrate myself before the gods of political correctness. I have in my posession a Arisaka bring back from Korea. Some poor Korean's son died an unfortunate death and I have profited from it. Please of gods of all things touchy feely, I beg your forgiveness.

Seriously gentlemen, pull your heads out of your ...... and get over it. The man scored an awesome weapon with a very unique story behind it. The fact that it happens to be an allied weapon wouldn't have stopped me from buying it either.

Firepower if your still here PM me and let me know where your new internet home will be. I have always enjoyed your posts and would like to continue to do so.

The rest of you can kiss it.
Old May 22, 2010, 02:17 PM   #65
B. Lahey

Quote:
if the Rifle in Question was a U.S. Issue M-4...
Firepower! has an M4. In fact I think he has a few. And yes, they are still neat.

Arms move freely through the world, and they don't come with histories engraved on them. As long as laws are followed, there is no cause for screeching.

That forum is a sick reminder of the decline of the British culture. Your forefathers would be ashamed of your fear and loathing of simple steel objects.
Old May 22, 2010, 02:22 PM   #66
11B3H

God Forbid, but maybe if one of your grandkids gets shot by a Taliban and his weapon is now a trophy for another poster here, you might understand P8riot, though I doubt it.

And If you ever served in the Stan you'd understand that if they got the Rifle, they also Mutilated the Man carrying it pretty gruesomely. A Good Buddy of mine, a SFC. had his weapon taken and his head used as a soccer ball while still inside its ACH helmet. A Reuters cameraman filmed it in 2008. I bet you'd buy the helmet if they sold it.
Old May 22, 2010, 02:30 PM   #67
ScottRiqui

My impression is that Firepower! hasn't acquired his weapons as any kind of "war trophies" or with any interest in whether or not the gun has a gruesome history. In fact, he seems to know very little about the histories of most of the guns he's posted about. To me, he just seems to be a guy that enjoys neat guns and has the monetary means to acquire them.
Old May 22, 2010, 02:31 PM   #68
11B3H

Lahey, I've served for over 28 years in the Infantry of this Nation, in War and Peace. My Forefathers served in the Irish Brigade, WWI, WWII, Korea And Vietnam. Sorry if I dont think this is an appropriate Souvenier. Would you be as cool if someone had SSG. Keith Maupins M16A2?

Or PFC's Tucker & Menchacas M4's?
Old May 22, 2010, 02:38 PM   #69
ScottRiqui

That's the thing - if you're buying a weapon as a souvenir because of its history, or because of who it belonged to before they were slaughtered, that's one thing. But the simple fact is that military weapons get into civilian channels, often legally. If you're buying it for the weapon and not because of the story, I don't really have a problem with it. How many people on this forum have a 1911 that was in some G.I.'s hand when he died?
Old May 22, 2010, 02:45 PM   #70
B. Lahey

Quote:
Would you be as cool if someone had SSG. Keith Maupins M16A2?

Or PFC's Tucker & Menchacas M4's?
If Firepower! were to end up with one of those rifles, it would actually be one of the better possible outcomes. They would be in the hands of a person who would give them the respect they deserve, and there would be zero chance of them being used against our allied forces.

Would it be the best outcome? No, of course not. But we do not live in a candy unicorn rainbow world. Notable arms both respectable and nefarious are bought and sold every day, and most do not find a home as legally compliant and above-board as Firepower! can provide.
Old May 22, 2010, 03:40 PM   #71
lltq

I am amazed at reading this forum do none of you care where this SA80 came from have you really not thought how it came to be in Pakistan.

1. Stolen from a dead British solider

2. Stolen from an Arms store.

3. Battle field salvage.

I respect how the Americans view their gun laws but for gods sake use your brains there is no way that this weapon was bought legally and to it being legally registered in Pakistan I realy do not think so. A stolen weapon in any Country is a stolen weapon.

To clear things up all he has to do is provide the serial number as remember he says He bought it legally so would have nothing to hide or does he?

How would you all like it if it was an American weapon that had been acquired and was now in Pakistan you would be screaming the house down and demanding a drone strike on his house.

So stop bitching and ask for the serial number to be shown and jobs a good one .

But alas I do not think he will show it because we no ITS STOLEN.

And as to the sun setting on the Empire very sad we are I do belive allies but please remember.

1. We had an Empire

2. We founded America

Buts thats history and the past the Brish support the Americans and visa versa you will im sure agree that a stolen weapon is a bad thing.
Old May 22, 2010, 05:50 PM   #72
Retired15T

I've served my country for over 20 years.

I've seen more than 38 of my fellow Soldiers killed during that service. From wars to training accidents. Mogadishu saw many of my brothers killed and their weapons lost to the bad guys.

If an M4 shows up in a Pakistani's personal arsenal, I'm not going to worry about whether or not it came from my friend Tommy Field or one of the many others who lost their life doing a job only those who serve know the satisfaction and the love of doing.

I will not disgrace their memory by worrying about petty things such as that. Their memories mean so much more to me than that.

The weapon Firepower has isn't supposed to be "legally" acquired by civilian's in Britain or even America I would imagine. That does not mean, however, that it is illegal to own it in Pakistan. Unless you know the laws concerning that particular weapon in Pakistan, I suggest you stop getting your panties in a wad over the friggin Internet forum and insulting people for no reason.

If I were in your shoes, and this was a weapon that was only issued here in the U.S. to Army folks, I would contact my S2 and CID. I wouldn't make it SO MUCH MORE DIFFICULT to track down that weapon, and it's path to someone who by British standards shouldn't own it, by directly confronting the individual who has the damned thing. Now, the guy who has it that probably did acquire it through legal means in his country, is going to make sure it disappears. Making it that much more difficult to track it down should your country even care to expend the resources to get it. But by creating such a row in this thread, anyone associated with the theft, if that is indeed how it was eventually moved to this guys possession, will now be forewarned of any investigative measures taken to figure out how it got there in the first place.

So chill out. You've just made the investigation SO much harder with your e-peen crap.

And YES. If this were a weapon in a person's hands that I knew shouldn't have it, I would be upset too. But I wouldn't cheapen the loss of my friends by bringing that aspect into it and I certainly wouldn't forewarn the very people I was hoping to catch by getting all this out in the Internet.
Old May 22, 2010, 06:04 PM   #73
Beowulf5505

as a soldier i also feel uncomfortable about the idea of a private owner with this weapon. it is possible that this gun came to pakistan in an honest manner, however i believe that is extremely unlikely. I realize that everyone here is sensitive about the right to own weapons but we cant just ignore a potential moral issue because the firearm is cool.

i myself would love to own a LA85. but i would not be comfortable owning one that may have come from a dead soldier, whether the law said the gun was ok or not.

for those of you who wish to just ignore the weapon's past and say "well at least the gun is in a collection, not shooting at our troops" think about it. you can buy a lot of AK's for the money that an LA85 will get you. and someone got a lot of money for this rifle

i cant believe people on here seem to be fine with someone spending thousands of dollars for a weapon that was quite possibly taken by violence from allies fighting with us in afganistan.
Old May 23, 2010, 05:45 AM   #74
gyvel

Quote:
Imagine the L85 was carried by your Son/Daughter who's dead, or a close friend, then laugh about it wise guy.(Gyvel, Looking right at you). You dont have to be a Dick all the time.
The fact of the matter is that he has NO idea of who possessed the weapon, nor the circumstances under which it was acquired before he LEGALLY purchased it (at considerable expense, I might add).

I resent the high handed manner in which you have hounded, humiliated and badgered him. I don't think the man has any obligation whatsoever to supply the serial number of said gun.

And you can look at me all you want; I LEGALLY own many Lee-Enfields, Webley & Scotts, Inglis and FN High-Powers and, yes, even a real live, legitimate L1A1. So why don't you imagine if one of those guns was carried by one of your grandfathers/fathers/uncles/brothers or a close friend. Furthermore, I served next to ANZACs in southeast Asia, so I am well acquainted with the horrors of war.

Stop making ridiculous speculations and leave Firepower alone. War is Hell. People die. Guns are sold all over the world.
Old May 23, 2010, 01:10 PM   #75
Ducatist4

The real point is that this rifle wasn't sold by the MOD. If it is indeed a battle field find I'd like to know who found it and passed it on. There is a very good chance that it was the Taliban so by buying this rifle (either from the person who found it or from someone way down the chain) you are actually helping to fund them to buy yet more weapons to kill and wound British and American soldiers.
Closed Thread