The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 5, 2014, 01:59 PM   #1
ragwd

380 sized and primed

First, if I am not allowed to post something for sale or trade here, Moderator please move to appropriate forum.

I sold my Ruger LCP, darn nice little pocket pistol, but I still have 205 pcs. of 380 brass that has been tumbled, sized and primed with CCI small pistol primers NO. 500. I don't really need the money but I would like to trade. I'm in need of .40 cal dies, or any other good trade, knives or whatever. Will add $'s for right deal. Only considering face to face in the Cleveland Ohio area, since the cost of shipping hazardous.
Old February 5, 2014, 02:10 PM   #2
ragwd

Old February 5, 2014, 02:38 PM   #3
lee n. field

Is primed brass considered hazardous and in need of HAZMAT shipping?

If not, I've got a whole bunch of .40 brass.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old February 5, 2014, 02:49 PM   #4
Sevens

Shipping primers is a HAZMAT, but they cease to be HAZMAT when each primer is primed in to a piece of brass. IIRC, they will then become ORM-D, just like ammo.

I am unsure if you can simply walk them up to a USPS or UPS/FedEx, but your FFL can likely ship them without anyone incurring a HAZMAT handling charge.
Old February 5, 2014, 02:50 PM   #5
Sevens

Oops, wanted to add, just for the sake of info:
Quote:
First, if I am not allowed to post something for sale or trade here, Moderator please move to appropriate forum.
The Handloading & Reloading area of the site is the -ONE- different area where we specifically do allow FS/FT/WTB posts right in the middle of the discussion.

Frankly, I like that, a lot because it tends to weed out the hacks that only ever visit TFL to buy or sell.
Old February 6, 2014, 12:48 AM   #6
ragwd

Lee, I have 1000 40 cal brass, so I don't need more. Thanks anyway. I would add some cash to the deal for the dies though. Also I have 250 hand loaded already that I cant sell and I don't want to unload them. That seems like a lot of work. Guess I should have thought a little more before selling the LCP. None of my friends own a 380.