The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old May 2, 2009, 06:33 AM   #1
jameshardy59

Information needed on California law…

Hello Friends,

I am James Hardy. I am looking for some basic information on Los Angeles crime defense. I hop all you my friends help me.

Thanks,
Old May 2, 2009, 12:37 PM   #2
maestro pistolero

What do you need to know, James?
Old May 13, 2009, 03:21 AM   #3
jameshardy59

Please help me to understand criminal law and procedure. Let me know about the right to counsel.
Old May 13, 2009, 04:14 AM   #4
maestro pistolero

Wow, James. People go to law school for a long time for that. Can you be more specific? I think there may be some lawyers here who might handle a specific question, but a general course in criminal law impossible to get on a blog.
Old May 13, 2009, 07:17 AM   #5
Jim March

Well start here:

http://laws.findlaw.com/us/372/335.html

I know there's case law regarding whether or not an incompetent attorney meets the requirement that you get an attorney in the first place (it doesn't meet the requirement).

Last edited by Jim March; May 13, 2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old May 14, 2009, 02:20 AM   #6
jameshardy59

Thanks for the suggestions with good recommendation. Actually I want to know, what is the role of the federal government in criminal law? When is a federal bond used?

James
Old May 14, 2009, 11:44 AM   #7
ilbob

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions with good recommendation. Actually I want to know, what is the role of the federal government in criminal law? When is a federal bond used?
The federal government has a set of criminal laws, just as each state does.

They are completely seperate systems of criminal justice.

A federal bond would be used if a federal crime was involved.

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.
Old May 15, 2009, 12:38 AM   #8
Ricky B

Are you looking to write a paper for school?
Old May 18, 2009, 02:34 AM   #9
jameshardy59

Hi Ricky,

I want to develop a website form where anyone can get the free information on criminal law services in California and for that I require some great information form the experience person. I just want to help the others when they or their love ones charged with a criminal offense.

James
Old May 18, 2009, 11:05 AM   #10
ilbob

Quote:
want to develop a website form where anyone can get the free information on criminal law services in California and for that I require some great information form the experience person. I just want to help the others when they or their love ones charged with a criminal offense.
I would urge you not to do this without a lot of guidance from very experienced criminal defense attorneys.

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.
Old May 19, 2009, 12:14 AM   #11
Ricky B

Well, here's a start

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html
Old May 19, 2009, 02:08 AM   #12
jameshardy59

Thanks for the recommendation with some good advice. One more question, as I am search on internet for get the information on criminal law in California, I have found one website where they mention one point on white collar crime but I will not get any more information from that website on white collar crime. So if any of you knows about that then please share that information with me.

James
Old May 20, 2009, 02:41 AM   #13
jameshardy59

As I have received suggestion to contact experience attorneys, I will take help from crimesdefense.com. They have list of experienced California Criminal Lawyers, Criminal Defense Attorneys California. They provide contact information for Criminal Defense Lawyers in California. With their list of Criminal Defense Lawyers California I have contact few Criminal Lawyers who can help me. I will also look into the website which suggest by you. Friends your replies are always valuable for me so please continue your great support.

James Hardy