The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 29, 2005, 08:39 PM   #51
SAWBONES

I just got a PM from a Waller rep who posts here, which reminded me of this thread.
(I'd posted above about my Waller range bag that broke its zipper and one of its Fastex buckles after maybe six years of intermittent use, and no abuse.)

When I later inquired, a somewhat taciturn Waller customer service person told me to send the bag to them, which I did, and they did repair the damage, and I recently received the bag back with a new zipper sewn in and a new buckle/nylon strap, so they DO stand behind their products, even though their website makes no representation about "lifetime guarantees".
I should have posted a followup note, but I'd forgotten about this thread!
Old April 29, 2005, 09:16 PM   #52
brasszz

I use a small suitcase from wal-mart. It has lots of room for all of my range acc, and it has wheels for when it gets heavy. I can fit every thing i need for a day at the range: targets, sand bags, ammo, and tools. It was cheap and it is alwys ready to go.
Old April 30, 2005, 10:03 PM   #53
New Shooter

i-SHOT

I thimk that I am going to order this bag,

http://ishot-inc.com/store/product_i...products_id=30

You all are very helpful...
Old May 10, 2005, 12:05 AM   #54
billykaldrich

I-Shot

I got a I-Shot and to this day people tell me what a fine bag it is. My first one had a slight flaw and I called and Himie sent one out the next day before I had a chance to send the first one back. That my fellow shooters is super service.Buy a I-Shot
Old May 10, 2005, 01:13 AM   #55
Overman

I have this black, heavy-duty airline carry-on sized bag (measures the exact maximum for airline carryon). I think I paid $140.00 for it when I had plenty of dough and I was a frequent flyer. Has a shoulder strap, and the material it is made of is tough... it should outlast me. I can carry all 5 of my pistols in their cases, 500 rounds, eyes, ears, cleaning supplies, targets, with no problem.
Old May 11, 2005, 08:13 PM   #56
Sifu

i-SHOT Range Rug. I travel light.
Old June 21, 2005, 07:35 PM   #57
templar333

Quote:
i-SHOT Range Rug. I travel light.
So do I but to the local matches A trip to a state match or the Nationals requires a Radio Flyer

Seriously, Dobe, my apologies for not mentioning our Revolver bag since you run a wheelgun too:

http://ishot-inc.com/store/product_i...products_id=51
Old June 21, 2005, 10:08 PM   #58
AustinMike

I bought one of the i-shot revolver bags last weekend. I love the setup and hope to get a second moon clip panel, but didn't see them listed on the store site. 18 slots won't be enough for a match, but I think a second panel will fit in the side compartment. It looks to be well designed, although I'm not thrilled that the carry straps use plastic clips. :barf: I figured I could fix that myself with a trip to Home Depot for some heavy duty hardware when they break.
Old June 22, 2005, 06:49 AM   #59
templar333

Quote:
I bought one of the i-shot revolver bags last weekend. I love the setup and hope to get a second moon clip panel, but didn't see them listed on the store site. 18 slots won't be enough for a match, but I think a second panel will fit in the side compartment. It looks to be well designed, although I'm not thrilled that the carry straps use plastic clips. I figured I could fix that myself with a trip to Home Depot for some heavy duty hardware when they break.
Mike, your post just reminded me of the forwarded email I received from the guys. My apologies for not replying ASAP.

FYI, if your strap gives way, by some chance, email me and I'll get a replacement to you ASAP. No need for you to have to make that trip to HD. To date, I've only had one shooter from one of the online forums that had a problem with his strap. Those delrin hardware holds up better than you can imagine. We've sold (almost) two thousand of the Tournament / Revolver bags and we've had less than 1% of known issues including straps.

So use and abuse your bag and if you should have any problems, call me at 703-497-1935. We'll take care of you.

In the meantime, we appreciate the support. Thanks for buying an i-SHOT bag
Old June 22, 2005, 07:03 AM   #60
AustinMike

Quote:
FYI, if your strap gives way, by some chance, email me and I'll get a replacement to you ASAP.
Thanks, that's good to know. I was worried about a weak link there, considering the huge lead donations I haul to the range.
Old June 22, 2005, 09:03 AM   #61
techbrute

Not to say that they're infallable, but delrin hardware is in use by companies that make gear that hauls around more than your "little" range load. We're talking about hundred pound backpacks trekking around sandy places. Certainly more than the average, or even serious, shooter takes to the range.
Old June 22, 2005, 10:56 AM   #62
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

Two minute answer to a two second question:
Lots of manufacturers making good bags – and a lot making inferior gear as well. If you take a look at quality, pricing and features incorporated into products that have actually been designed by shooters, for shooters the field narrows considerably. I have been lucky enough to be in a position to evaluate a lot of gear from different manufacturers. I use I-shot.

Denny
Old June 22, 2005, 11:50 AM   #63
Sifu

I shoot to keep up my shooting skills should I need them. It's also a stress releiver for me. I don't compete. I use the ishot range rug to carry the essentials to and from the range. The bag is compact, light weight, well constructed and should last me years. If the quality built into this bag represents ishot's other products, I would not hesitate to buy any of their products again.