The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 11, 2007, 05:37 PM   #101
markj

Wow. go away for awhile, return to see tha same old crap. Guy robs something, comes out, you are armed and should kill that bastard dead. Hasnt changed, guess I should just plain stay out of this sand box. Least until some grow up.

Yes I been shot, been shot at, been stuck with a knife in the neck. I will gladly show you the scars if you need to see em.

Just sent my nephew off to marine boot. He will learn to be a man, when to shoot etc. He knows how to shoot and hunt, track blood trail etc.

Roger out on this one.

Quote:
And I'm responsible for global warming and single-handedly inventing the Internet while saving a whale by making love to Jane Fonda when driving a Prius and extolling the virtues of the Vegan lifestyle!
Hey thats my line
Old October 21, 2007, 11:07 PM   #102
IdahoG36

I live in Idaho, and recently, in a town called Lewiston, a guy opened fire in front of a courthouse with a rifle. I believe it was an M-14. A citizen licensed to carry was nearby and attempted to stop the perp with his handgun, a .45 ACP. He paid for that mistake with his life. Your intentions may be good, but trying to be a hero can get you killed in a hurry.
Old October 22, 2007, 05:48 PM   #103
The Canuck

You know, I am surrprised by the wide variety of opinions and while I can see some sides to this story, I still can't figure out why some of us seem to be looking at a situation like this as an excuse to draw a gun in public.

Some of you have made comments to me about how hard it would be to look the family of a deceased innocent in the face after I "did nothing", then answer me this, how am I supposed to look them in the face if I walked into the middle of a situation and shot the guy with the gun to find out ten seconds later that I just shot the GOOD GUY who had already stopped the bad guy? What do I say to the family then, "sorry, he had a gun so I had to shoot him"? Or how about this, what if you're the good guy and some other guy comes along and pops you because there was shooting and he came to save the day? Will his apology bring you back? Not too likely.

Folks, think about this carefully, how you act will determine not just your future, but the future of your family and those of the people you went to save. If you're on the ground at the scene, it is a vastly different story from arrivng after the action has started. The use of a gun should only be if you have no other choice.