The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 10, 2014, 01:49 PM   #51
Rifleman1776

Actually hard to cast. A centrifuge device is needed for casting silver.
Old March 10, 2014, 02:02 PM   #52
zxcvbob

If you just want a few, investment casting w/ the "lost wax" process might be the way to go.

Except for the expense, silver should make great rifle bullets. Not so much in handguns.
Old March 11, 2014, 01:55 AM   #53
Sport45

I used to make my own silver bullets by dumping some mercury into a tin of pellets.

Often had the next few in my mouth while I was pumping the gun for the next shot.

It's amazing what we survived back then...
Old March 12, 2014, 06:56 PM   #54
Ozzieman

I don’t know what you’re all complaining about. I have perfectly good silver bullets that work fine and they don’t cost any more than regular jacketed bullets.
They are Winchester silver tips,,, and Winchester wouldn’t lie about them being silver.

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.

Last edited by Ozzieman; February 12, 2017 at 06:28 PM.
Old March 13, 2014, 12:32 AM   #55
10 Spot Terminator

Am nearly 60 years old now and the only ammunition I remember that messed with silver at all was made by winchester . They had a silver tip rifle ammo that had a silver tip core that wasnt the best in its day not known for good exspansion in some of the slower cartridges it was made in . Second is their silvertip pistol ammo that may actually have a silver alloy jacket . I shot some of it in both .357 and .41 magnums and was a very accurate and devastating round but on the pricey side .