The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 25, 1999, 05:28 PM   #1
Cheapo

Other than tying a string to the slide and yanking it between shots to re-set the striker, what can be done to make a Glock dry-fire like a revolver?

I've seen and handled one of those laser dry-fire modules, but don't want to spend the big bucks (*surprise, surprise*) on more training goodies than I need right now.

Seems like some sorta trigger return spring and a way of keeping the striker from going fully forward might do the trick.

Any clues, friends?

Thanks!
Cheapo
Who can't figure out how to get his e-mail address link thingy into the top of these postings.
Old June 10, 1999, 02:51 PM   #2
Rob Pincus

The Glocks cannot be modified in any way that I know of, besides those CO2 based Recoil things for the laser simulators...

Sorry.

(BTW- you have the email thingy)
Old June 14, 1999, 10:20 AM   #3
Cheapo

I did try out a laser-based unit in August 1998. No CO2, just a re-setting trigger. The product literature made mention of a dry fire "module", which I presume to be a replacement of perhaps the trigger assembly in the frame, perhaps even to include the trigger bar.

It was expensive. I don't want the whole laser system--just a way to dry-fire.

Maybe I just shouldn't buy that Glock...stick to revolvers and get a 7- or 8-shot unit...
Old June 21, 1999, 09:29 PM   #4
Axel Yup

Beamhit (www.beamhit.com, 800-beamhit) can perform a conversion on a Glock which will allow for repeat dry firing. You don't need to purchase the laser system for this conversion, but the conversion is semi-permanent. You would have them install or remove it, and the conversion blocks the firing pin. This would be useful if you can get an inexpensive used Glock for dedicated dry firing. Cost of the conversion is $175.

Axel