The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 22, 2008, 01:44 PM   #1
jononi00

G&P Aimpoint Knock off. Input needed.

Does anyone have any real experience with this knock off aimpoint specifically with the G&P? Ive read on some other boards that people have used this on real weapon systems with longevity and success. Some more input would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know if it is Parrlax(sp?) free? Note:This unit is made particularly for Airsoft type weapons. But then again, so is the UTG AK rail.

I'm planning on building a Tacticool WASR. Something kinda like that that i can goof off with at the range. except i would like to equip it with a knock off Aimpoint. (I'm a broke college student)

Old January 22, 2008, 01:50 PM   #2
Manedwolf

If this is the Chinese copy of an Aimpoint I've seen at shows, it's a copy in cosmetics only, and was a piece of crap.

If something is made for airsoft and you put it on a real rifle, enjoy watching it fly to pieces from recoil.
Old January 22, 2008, 03:00 PM   #3
Army GI

I'm in the same position as you (broke college student). Trust me when I say this, it's worth it to save up and get the best. Just put away $100 a month and before you know it you'll have a real aimpoint you can be proud of instead of wishing you had a real one.

Although, there is ONE clonepoint I would recommend other than the real thing and that is the ones they make at 1337tactical.com. I had one and it worked well. They are definately made to handle the recoil of a real gun, but don't expect to be as reliable or last nearly as long as the real deal.

http://1337tactical.com/shop/productlist.php?typeId=1
Old January 22, 2008, 03:40 PM   #4
AK103K

Follow Army GI's advice. It will be cheaper in the long run, and thats just in battery cost.

I've had red dots from across the price range, and none of the "cheap" ones has held up to moderate use. For what I spent trying out the lesser models, I could have bought another Aimpoint.

A real Aimpoint is a quality item. It wil take a beating and keep right on going. Their battery life is a non issue, with the shortest being about a year of 24/7 use, the newer ones are supposed to run up to around 9 years now. Even with the M2's, I dont even turn them off anymore.
Old January 22, 2008, 04:43 PM   #5
RevolverLover

Have a look at the Kobra red dot sights. They were built for the AK series.

"One test = 1,000 expert opinions." -Art Eatman
Old February 6, 2008, 02:14 AM   #6
ShootemDown

Quote:
the Kobra red dot sights.
I just saw some, they say $ 209.00 ? thats expensive ! If I were to buy that, I'd save a little longer and buy the aimpoint.

IF I were to go cheap, Id rather something really cheap like $ 30 bucks

Old February 7, 2008, 02:00 AM   #7
shiky

yea but the 30 dollar models are for airsoft, and will not hold up to recoil as previously stated. they are quite shoddily made.