The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 4, 2021, 04:00 PM   #1
BigMikey76

Ruger PC Charger Sights

To start with, I am aware that the Charger is technically a pistol, but since it requires a more rifle style sighting system, I posted here.

I just ordered my new Charger, and I need some suggestions on sight options. I already have a red dot I can slap on there, but I want a non-battery operated back up option.

Here are some important details:

1. I plan to switch to the Midwest Industries forend with a 12:00 M-lock slot, so I will be able to put a front sight out as far as possible.

2. I already have an extra set of flip-up BUIS from an AR that can go on for the short term.

3. Purpose of the firearm is range fun, initially, but HD eventually, once I have tested it thoroughly and can get a can for it.

My issue is that AR height irons are just too tall for such a small setup - they're just gonna look goofy on there. I'm looking for suggestions on a basic sight that will mount on the rails and be very low profile. My first thought was the sights from a CZ Scorpion, but I haven't found any available. Any other suggestions would be welcome. I am ok with just about any sight style, as long as it keeps the profile lower than AR sights.