The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 13, 2006, 11:01 PM   #1
makugooh

Help!! Mossberg 500 owners w/knoxx specops install

My mossberg persuader has had the knoxx specops stock installed for about 4 months. I finally got a chance to try it out this weekend and when I got home and started to clean it I ran into a problem (I think?). I noticed that I was not capable of removing the trigger housing assembly without first removing the specops stock . Also I can no longer reach the action lock lever w/me right thumb !!! Is this the norm or have I done something wrong when installing the specops ? Any help would be appreciated.

thks

MD
Old March 15, 2006, 11:57 AM   #2
CaCrusin

Nothing is wrong...

It is necessary to remove the stock to remove the trigger group. The design and function of the SpecOps Stock made this necessary. We recommend that you obtain a long handled ballend wrench (1/4") to make the removal and reinstallation quick and easy.

As to the bolt release, you should be able to access the release with your thumb. The huge variations in manufacturing tolerances on Mossberg shotguns can lead to difficulty on some shotguns. You may use a Dremel tool to remove a small amount of materal from around the release if absolutely necessary. We hope that you enjoyed using your SpecOps Stock.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
Old March 15, 2006, 06:42 PM   #3
makugooh

Thanks CaCrusin. I appreciate the help! Thanks for replying.

MD