The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 21, 2005, 10:31 PM   #1
Shoebox

Favorite collapsable M4 style stock and grip manufacturer?

Title says it all: What brand M4 style stock and pistol grip do you guys favor? Just bought a new 870 Magnum Express and of course can't leave well enough alone. Yes, I think it looks cool, but I really do believe there is something to be said about uniformity of arms between the pump gun and the house AR.

Mesa Tactical?
Cavalry?
ATI?

(HD is the intended purpose and maybe some 3 gun matches down the road if you want to know.)

As always, thanks.

Steve
Old September 22, 2005, 10:13 AM   #2
CaCrusin

You forgot Knoxx

Don't forget the Knoxx SpecOps Stock.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
Old September 22, 2005, 06:39 PM   #3
tx911

m4 buttstock for 870

I have a m4 style buttstock I bought fot $70, that I will sell for $50 if you are interested.
I am not sure the brand, but the stock is made from an aluminum tube and is plastic on the outer portion, and the grip is one of the "ergo" grips for the ar-15. The adapter itself is made out of reinforced nylon. I put it on my 879 and shot about 30 rounds through it and took it off, so it is practically new. I mostly shoot slugs and 3 inch 00bk, with the m4 stock it just hade too much recoil for me. by the way it also comes with a reciol pad that fits on the butt.

If interested email me at [email protected]

stuart
Old September 22, 2005, 07:31 PM   #4
cdc

I have both the Scattergun M4 style stock and Knoxx's SpecOps. The SpecOps feels better. I am going to take the shotty out next week, need to buy slugs. So far I have only been able to find a local range that allows slugs within 25 yards at a still target. I attached a pic I took today for my inlaws in Australia.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris toys.jpg (146.3 KB, 70 views)
Old September 22, 2005, 08:28 PM   #5
azspyder

I like my Stockshox

I have one on my 870 and love it. Really tamed the recoil and I like the 6 pos adjustment.
I understand the Knoxx is good too, although I haven't tried one.
Old September 23, 2005, 11:24 AM   #6
flesheatingvirus

I've got the Mesa Tactical Low Tube model for my Mossberg 590A1. It is very well built and comfortable. I also really like the attachment points on the adapter for shell holders/pic. rails. I have their short Picatinny rail mounted on the adapter behind my ejection port on which I mount my surefire X200. The whole thing is very solid. It is cheaper than the Cavalry model. As far as I know, Cavalry does not make a low-tube model. I wanted this one so I could use my factory ghost ring sights. Hope that helps!
Mesa Tactical Low Tube Adapter for Moss. 500/590/590A1