The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 11, 2017, 07:49 PM   #1
Mr. Hill

Colorado Springs, Colorado Gunsmith Review

I needed the services of a gunsmith in Colorado Springs. I found one on the web who seemed like a good choice. His name is Henry Valenzano, the owner of Colorado Arms Repair. I chose him because he runs his own shop, and he can also machine parts. I prefer a gunsmith who can make or repair gun parts.

The shop is located in a separate out building behind his residence. I called him before I went there, and he invited me to stop by. His shop was small, but very clean and well organized. Mr. Valenzano was very personable and friendly. I needed to have a scope mounted and the bolt on my Remington inspected. He did the work right on the spot! He was very good about mounting the scope to make sure that it fit me perfectly, which I really appreciated because I'm pretty tall and skinny, and I sometimes have problems with field of view (long neck, maybe). He had me repeatedly bring the rifle up from a resting position to make sure the scope position was just right. He wanted to make sure it was correct and fit me just right.

Another thing that impressed me was that I told him that if he wanted, he could order new rings for the new scope that was being mounted. He said that the rings I've got were just fine and that there was no problem with using them. He could have suggested new rings and made money from them (which I would have been fine with), but he saved me money and time by advising that my rings were fine. He also disassembled, cleaned, and inspected my bolt and firing pin, which were absolutely filthy. And He's an elk hunter, too!

Most of all, he was friendly and very knowledgeable. I noticed that he paid attention to small details, like using the exactly correct sized screwdriver to unscrew the bolts, etc. He was very efficient, his price was very reasonable, and I highly recommend him!
Old October 3, 2017, 03:48 PM   #2
Mike1

I've been to his shop three times so far. Good work!