The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old December 4, 2012, 01:13 AM   #1
FFournier

Help with a Krico please?

Can someone tell me what I have here? This Krico .22LR has been in my family sinse around 1961 or 62. I had basically forgotten about it till just recently. I have been selling some guns that I just don't use anymore, and this is one of them. However I'm thinking I'm going to keep this one. I've done some research and thought I had figured it out. I was thinking it was a Model 400 match because its a single shot bolt action with a 26.5 inch barrel. But the 400 match did not come with iron sights, which this one has. It's in great shape. The bluing and stock are pretty much flawless. Any ideas what it may be worth?

Last edited by FFournier; December 4, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old December 4, 2012, 01:33 PM   #2
FFournier

All are stumped I guess.

Looks like I have stumped everyone, including Krico. Their response to my inquiry was...Could you send us some pictures? So, I did.
Old December 4, 2012, 08:56 PM   #3
PetahW

AFAIK, the stock defines it as a Sporter Modell, which would explain the iron sights - but I haven't seen a .22RF with a bbl longer than 23-1/2" (the CF's had a 26-1/2" bbl as an option, IIRC).

Old December 5, 2012, 01:58 AM   #4
FFournier

Thanks for you're reply. That's the thing that was confusing me, the 26.5 inch barrel. I sent some pictures to Krico, but haven't heard back yet
Old December 5, 2012, 01:40 PM   #5
FFournier

Heard back for Krico

They are saying that it was shipped July 26 1961 and that its a Model 100. They also said that some were made in single shot. That may explain the different stock that mine has. They could not identify the numbers stamped on the top of the barrel. My family was living in Caracas Venezuela when my father bought it. The numbers must have something to do with that.
Old December 5, 2012, 08:01 PM   #6
Eghad

Looks like somebody took out the rear sight to make room for the scope. I don't know what the exact retail price would be but those are not something you see everyday.

A model 100 is a plain Jane rifle with no checkering. Yours looks like a model 311 with the shabnel fore end and the european style stock.

You might squeeze $350-400 out of it if it is in tip top condition. If it was a Mannlicher style in tip top shape you might get $800+

I paid around $400 new for my CZ 452 Military Trainer. The stock is similar.

NRA Life Member

Last edited by Eghad; December 5, 2012 at 08:29 PM.