The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old October 4, 2017, 01:24 AM   #26
TruthTellers

Have a single action Heritage .32 H&R revolver. Thing shoots .32 ACP very well and extraction isn't a problem because of the ejector rod's function.

I've seen so many forum posts and videos where .32 ACP will shoot in some revolvers, not in others because of the difference in rim thickness, ammunition variances, etc. You just have to try it in your revolver, which is plenty safe to shoot .32 ACP with.

I've read elsewhere on the internet that some who have owned H&R 732 revolvers have shot .32 ACP with no issues. That may be the one and only .32 Long revolver that I would be okay shooting ACP in because it is a sturdy revolver and the higher pressure won't destroy them immediately.

But, it's probably something I would only do to test to see which ammo works best and if I had nothing else to shoot.

The H&R 632's, which are basically the same as the 732 but the cylinder doesn't swing out, I would shoot .32 ACP in with no concerns as the frame is very solid being the cylinder can't swing out.
Old October 4, 2017, 04:44 AM   #27
ViperR

Thanks. I'll have to give them a try when my long's and 327's ammo arrives for my 1st use of this revolver. I'll let you all know the results.
I didn't realize this thread was so old when I searched it and made my reply. But, it was an interesting read.
Old October 4, 2017, 05:05 AM   #28
tallball

I own five 32 magnum revolvers and recently sold my sixth to my FiL. Two will shoot 32acp with no problems. Two will shoot it with about a 50% success rate. Two won't shoot it at all. My guess is that it's due to small differences in the lengths of the firing pins.
Old October 5, 2017, 09:58 AM   #29
Mike Irwin
Staff

.32 H&R Mag and .327 both operate at chamber pressures well in excess of the .32 ACP, so there's no concern about blowing up a gun so chambered as there is in blowing up an old break top chambered for the .32 S&W round.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old October 6, 2017, 03:00 PM   #30
ViperR

Sorry to keep this thread going, but I'm new to the .32 revolver crowd and wanting to learn as much as I can and contribute too, wanting to fire 32acp out of my revolver.
What puzzles me is you listed the 32 ACP bullet .001" smaller dia than the ones in Longs,32 mag & 327 Fed. My research shows the revolver bullet @ .312" and the 32 ACP/7.65mm bullets @ .3125" which is actually a larger dia in acp/7.65.
Hmmm......