The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old June 13, 2009, 08:09 PM   #1
will99

want to price Walther P-38, Pittsburgh

Recently acquired p-38 from father now in nursing home. Bluing is a little rough but shoots well. Same s/n on 3 major parts. Made in '43 in Walther factory. Anyone know what they sell for? I'm thinking at least $350.
Old June 13, 2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Tidewater_Kid

Imported ones go for around $500. A non-import marked one would sell for more.

TK
Old June 14, 2009, 06:35 AM   #3
JT-AR-MG42

Condition is everything

Will,

Sorry to hear your father now requires a little help.

I collect P.38's. Condition is everything on most guns and greatly affects value on collectible ones. In addition, there are several variations and markings on 'AC 43' marked guns that can also affect the value.

As a rule, non-import marked guns bring more than a similar condition import. If you can, take photos and post them. It is really the only way to get a realistic value established. If you do not know how to manage photos for size to be able to post them, you could send them to me and I could put them up for you.

Not to worry, I already have all the major '43' variations and would not make you some lowball offer anyway. Taking advantage of others does not make me feel better at the end of the day.

Just an honest offer to help someone understand what they have and it's relative value. And I always like to look at another!

JT