The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 5, 2020, 10:07 AM   #2226
Bullitt454

New guy

Just checking in , been reading here for years and thought I’d see if I can contribute.

Thanks...Jeff
Old September 22, 2020, 12:36 AM   #2227
LGarland619

Hey!

I'm Lee from Madison, WI. I hope you're all doing well. Glad to finally join you all.
Old October 10, 2020, 12:11 PM   #2228
wabo2190

Kevin from AZ

I'm from AZ. I've been reading stuff on here a lot so I figured I'd join. Happy to be a part!
Old October 16, 2020, 04:54 AM   #2229
dmc2020

Hi
Thanks for letting me join y’all. Grateful there is a place to discuss the important stuff in life. My father got me into this and I have really taken a liking to the hobby. I have been reloading for about 10 years now. Dad passed in 2018. He was never into the online stuff. I have a couple of file cabinets full of hardcopys of his notes and literature. He taught me quite a bit but sadly that was only a fraction of what he knew. Glad to be here!!
Old October 18, 2020, 09:21 AM   #2230
heckcat

Hello
Old December 5, 2020, 11:50 AM   #2231
DMichalski

Greeting from Harrietta, MI

Greetings Everyone!
I am new to this forum and happy I joined. I have been a shooter for a number of years, the military introduced me to weapons 45 years ago… Never really had the opportunity financially to engage. Well, that has changed. I enjoy collecting/shooting weapons and hunting the whitetail. Not to mention the occasional grouse hunt. Probably like a lot of others here, I ‘process’ my own! Damn, I love this country!!! Pardon the grammar here… Uncle Joe, Beetle Bailey ain’t getting my weapons!
I own ten acres out in the country, so naturally the first thing I did was to set up a range. I have ‘evolved’ to all steel gongs now and never miss the chance to ‘plink.’ As much as I enjoy shooting on my range I felt there had to be something more… About two years ago I started reloading. Just can’t seem to stop. My God, why did it take so long to get to this point. I started with 223, moved on to 380, 9mm, 40mm, 10mm, 25 06, 7.62 39, 308, and now the Bushmaster 45. I do enjoy this so much. I suppose that some would say I have gone too far reloading 12 gauge. You know, a lot of those same people, due to the shortage of powder, primers, and cartridges are now rethinking my approach.
I think what is most important is the quality time I get to spend reloading. From researching reloading presses, I finally decided on Hornady for rifle and pistol and then a MEC for shot gunning. Please don’t take this the wrong way, not bragging here at all, this is the ‘best hobby’ I have had. Trust me, at 67, I have done/accomplished most of what I set out to do in life. Honestly, this is the best mix of patience, continuing education, and fellowship ever!
I hope I can pass on what I have learned, keep on learning and encourage others to engage in this past time! Happy to have found a ‘home’ on the ‘Net.’
Daniel
Old December 6, 2020, 08:06 AM   #2232
BillyBoy 57

Hello, New member from central Pa. I am an avid hunter, shooter and reloader . I have been reloading for 35 years . I had a mentor to help get me started and have helped get my son in law and granddaughter into reloading. I found this site from a search for some 300 savage info . I find reloading to be a relaxing fun hobby . Looking forward to participating when I can . Thanks !
Old December 10, 2020, 02:06 PM   #2233
Ukrainitz

Hello everyone. My name is Tim, 57 yrs old, semi-retired, living in Western PA.
Served 8 years in USArmy as a Russian linquist.
Enjoy fishing and hunting.
Look forward to learning from this forum, and hopefully can share some of my knowledge with members.
Old December 29, 2020, 07:52 PM   #2234
jag1954

Hello from central Ohio. Glad to be a member here.
Old January 16, 2021, 10:14 AM   #2235
reubenray

Hey from the deep south. I signed up to get opinions on what to get to protect my family more just in case the SHTF. If this is the wrong location please point me to where I should post.
Old February 15, 2021, 04:29 AM   #2236
CzechoslovakGuns

Hey folks, I guess I might as well introduce myself here. My name is Kuba, I live in the Czech Republic and guns are my passion since I was a kid.

I currently run a YouTube channel on the history of the Czech and Czechoslovak hardware.

If anybody is interested or if you have any tip for a future video, I will be more than happy to see your comments

My channel can be found here https://www.youtube.com/c/CzechoslovakGunStories/videos
Old February 16, 2021, 02:47 PM   #2237
ComplexDude

Hi folks...

Newbie here. I want to learn everything I can about long guns in general, and the AR15 specifically.

I was born and raised in Idaho, one of the last truly free states. Proud Christian conservative, staunch 2A supporter, and I love guns, knives, and classic rock.

Looking forward to contributing as well as learning from folks here. Thanks for welcoming me!

Russ
Old March 9, 2021, 10:50 AM   #2238
A4*4ever

New to this forum and reloading...looking forward to learning from others and not making stupid mistakes. Old enough that I should know better and having worked/lived around the world, to appreciate our 2A freedoms in these great United States. Former US Marine from the great State of Texas. Semper Fi
Old March 17, 2021, 08:38 AM   #2239
CZRex

Welcome back to me........

I'm back. Nobody even knew I was gone, did they? It's been awhile, so long that I couldn't remember my user name and p/w, so I just started over.
I'm still buying/trading and shooting and paying attention to my surroundings. Am active at church on the safety/security team that I helped start 5-6 years ago. Thankfully, nothing of any major consequences has happened there, mostly medical issues and some folks who made some of us a little wary due to things that I can't mention here. So, good to be back......
Old April 9, 2021, 02:41 PM   #2240
Franco1911

Hi, I am new here.

I came here from the S&W Forum.

I like guns and knives mostly.

I am in Southern AZ.

-----
Old April 9, 2021, 04:50 PM   #2241
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Well, your screen name includes "1911" so you're off to a good start IMHO.

Welcome.
Jeepaholic
Old April 10, 2021, 03:29 PM   #2242
Franco1911

I like S&W Forum, good guys. But it's very, very, very, very, very, very easy to run afoul of the mods. Smallest thing, and you're in trouble. I'm 58 years old, man, life's too short for PC games. I mean, I was banned for poking fun at pagans in the forest. (I said "they run around naked" or similar). Just being funny. They banned me for a month. Same planet, but different worlds.

--------------
Old April 22, 2021, 06:05 PM   #2243
gvshrode

Hello! I’m Gary
Old May 3, 2021, 07:40 AM   #2244
Dale Patterson

New member here. Currently have a couple of Glocks and two SKSs, one Norinco and one Tula. Researching gun control laws, their arbitrary ineffectiveness and reasoning behind them.
Old May 4, 2021, 12:00 PM   #2245
JGIII

Hello to all TFL folks. I'm new here so please excuse my gaffs (like double posting). I love my new Uberti 4&3/4" Cattleman in nitre blue. Shoots great. I have several other firearms, but this is the apple of my eye at least for now! I shoot regularly and reload, too. I'm looking forward to reading what you all have to write.
Old May 24, 2021, 04:05 PM   #2246
LF_Newbie

New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hi everyone,

Happy to be here. I am very much a newbie to the world of firearms. I’m hoping to absorb and learn and enjoy.

My first firearm is. Rock Island Armory 1911 .45. Practicing shooting it, I quickly realized that I really enjoy the challenges of precision shooting.

So, with that in mind I went to get “something” with good range and high precision. Given the general situation and shortness of inventory, I went to get a rifle and wanted to get something in stock at that store that day. This yielded a pretty nice Browning X bolt. At the time I had no idea what the implications would be of it’s caliber bring something called “ .300 Winchester Magnum”.

I now have a slightly better appreciation of how hard that round kicks, LOL

Anyways, I’m happy to be here. Hoping to learn and become a better shooter

I’m in Orange County, CA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 25, 2021, 03:48 PM   #2247
AlongCameJones

Hello, from the more pro-gun parts of CA!

Quincy in Plumas Co., CA. In the lovely woodsy Sierra Nevada east of the Sacramento Valley. Sheriff-Coroner Todd Johns will issue a CCW with the minimum good cause of "self-defense". Most of the rural counties in California lean more pro-gun and conservative. I am planning to move to Idaho and join my brother there and be in a CC state over the next 12 months. I just love it when people issued a CCW in the more conservative counties visit the Lefty counties in coastal CA just to spite the grossly anti-gun people, gun-hating LE top brass and gun-grabbing elected officials there. Sheriff Doyle in Marin County would just hate it for you to pack a handgun in his county with a CCW from a nearly shall-issue county like Plumas or Sacramento Co. It's still perfectly legal in CA to pack anywhere with a CCW issued from any county there though I know some on the coast don't like that one bit.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; May 26, 2021 at 11:13 AM.
Old May 26, 2021, 02:48 PM   #2248
SS130AFM

New member from SC

I’m glad to have been introduced to the forum and joined. The wealth of knowledge contained in these posts is amazing. I’ve been reloading for many years ,mainly limited to the 44 magnum and 44 specials out of necessity. Even years ago it was expensive to feed the S&W 629-1, S&W 29 and my S&W 686 5 shot ,that’s my goto for concealed carry and my trusty Marlin 1894S in 44 magnum rifle for the local SC whitetails.
Old July 12, 2021, 02:03 PM   #2249
jrsgunbooks

Hi I was a member for years but was gone for a while and have no access to my old email so I started up again. I'm back into guns, collecting and shooting. I started a business selling gun books, vintage gun magazines and related literature at gun shows to support my gun habit. It's a fun pastime and I get to meet a lot of great like minded folks.

I'm looking forward to reconnecting with the TFL community.
Old July 25, 2021, 10:56 AM   #2250
kje54

Hello all. I currently hail from New Mexico and have been using or around guns since I was 8 years old. Basically handled most everything from flintlocks to MGs. Just recently I've been getting into modern firearms specifically the AR platform.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent