The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old July 6, 2006, 04:08 PM   #1
bwp777

ar-15 pistols?

I would like some input on a question. I'm in the market for an ar-15 pistol and ran across GunSmoke Enterprise. Has anypne know any good or bad on these rifles or maybe a suggestion to look for. Thanks for the help:
Old July 6, 2006, 05:01 PM   #2
reaper715

bushmaster

i bought a bushmaster 97s when they came out. i sold it yesterday because the gun is hard to hold onto. if you want to put a forward grip on it you have to register it with atf. i didn't want to wait 6 months for the paperwork to come back. when i shot it it was really loud and had a 1-2 foot flame that came out the barrell. it was a real attention getter at the range. i put a single point sling on the back and used it to steady the gun when i pushed it out. i sold it and bought something more practical. still it was pretty cool.
also the bushmaster i had did not like wolf 55 gr ammo. the case got stuck in the chamber a few times. my bushmaster m-4 loves it though.

good luck