The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 12, 2017, 02:08 PM   #1
rebs

Caldwell front tack driver bag

Does anyone use one of these with an AR 15 ? Mine is hard to get lower on the shooting bench because it won't spread out and neither will the top so the rifle and be put in the groove. Would it be acceptable to take some of the sand or whatever it is out of the bag to make it more pliable ?
Old May 12, 2017, 03:40 PM   #2
Fla_dogman

I use one of the caldwell bags a lot off the bench, I'm not sure if it's the tack driver bag, it's​green and black and came with a smaller bag (combo set). I love it, it gives you a stead brace point and allows good adjustments. I have a vice and bipods too but the bag is my go to for fun shooting.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Old May 13, 2017, 11:49 AM   #3
ocharry

hi rebs,,i have three of those bags,,,i love them,,,they really work good for me

the one i use all the time has kinda gotten flat on the bottom,,so it is a little lower,,,but i do use it for my ar and i havent noticed any problems

just force it to the way you want it to be,,,also i guess you could take some of the stuffing out,,,,but if you keep using it i am sure it will do what you need

the one in the shop is the one i use all the time,,so it get more use and is a lot more flexible that the other two

my .02
ocharry
Old May 14, 2017, 05:27 AM   #4
NHSHOOTER

I have to agree with ocharry I have a tack driver bag that is well used and it lays flat as well. I did buy mine empty and filled it with sand myself, I dont see why you couldnt experiment and take a little stuffing out so it will flatten some.
Old May 14, 2017, 06:41 AM   #5
rebs

I think I got it now. I was at the range and just put it on the bench and forced it to open so my gun fit in the groove. Thank you guys for the replies, I appreciate it