The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 2, 2009, 08:43 AM   #1
whiplash

anybody use Precision Bullets?

Anyone use these bullets at all? I have just about had it with leading in the barrel. I know one guy that uses these, and he loves them. I am looking at the 45acp 230gr. Any other inputs. here is their web-site... http://www.precisionbullets.com/index.html
Old June 2, 2009, 09:43 AM   #2
CowTowner

I have used them in my Para full size and have no complaints at all.
I loaded the 200 Grain RNF.
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old June 2, 2009, 09:51 AM   #3
RickV

They make good bullets but be prepared to wait a LONG time for them. I posted on another forum a email I received from them last week on a order I place over a month ago

Due to the HUGE demand for ammunition and projectiles in
the market place I wanted to give you an update on our backorder situation
This is a overview on our most popular projectiles –
You may or may not have these on backordered

I can assure you that we are working over time and also working to get more machines in production – but that takes time

9mm – we are out of all 9mm
115gr FMJ – we are making them – estimated ship date is 10 weeks from date of order
147gr FMJ & TC – we plan to start making them next week / 1st of June
124gr FMJ – we plan to start making them in July – probably mid – late
124gr JHP – I do not know when we will make them again – we swapped that machine to
115gr FMJ – we will keep your 124gr JHP on order and ship / bill it when
we produce it again

38 Super – we are really low on them – it will be Aug / Sept before we produce them again

40 S&W 180gr - we do have some in stock – but we are behind on shipping
165gr – we are out and I am not sure when we will start making them
200gr – we are out and I am not sure if we will make them this summer
If you want to swap your 165gr or 200gr to 180gr – just let me know

45 Auto 230gr FMJ –we are really backordered on them however we are making them –
Estimated ship date is 7 weeks from date of order
45 Auto lead bullets – should ship in 2-3 week if we do not have them

As you can tell the backorders for bullets and ammunition is at record high.
We are continuing to take orders and shipping / billing as product becomes available.

I recently ordered 1000 125g JSP's from Roze distributors they said 4 to 6 weeks got em in 3. So i placed an order for 9mm 124g FMJ and 40SW 165g FMJ from them. They sell Zero brand bullets. And their pricing is similar to PD.
Old June 2, 2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Alleykat

I use them now for all my handgun reloading, 9mm, 10mm, .45ACP. Have an order for 1k of 125gr 9mm pending right now. Good bullets and good people to deal with.

Might want to check out Precision Delta for jacketed bullets. Really good prices!!!
Old June 2, 2009, 04:32 PM   #5
whiplash

sounds like they are busy....bless them

Precision Delta does look like some good prices....but you need to order at least 2,000 according to their policy....now if I only had the bills to send them.

Last edited by whiplash; June 2, 2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old June 2, 2009, 08:15 PM   #6
RickV

Like I posted above I ordered from PD and will not cancel the order but I ordered some Zero JSP 38spl from here http://www.rozedist.com/ got them in 3 weeks so I placed a order for some 9 mm and 40 SW. They offer free shipping on orders of 1000.
Old June 3, 2009, 07:19 AM   #7
Macol

I don't think Precision Delta is the company the OP was asking about I think we're talking about two different companies. I order from Precision Delta all the time, but I have never been to the Precision page the OP posted.
Old June 3, 2009, 07:44 AM   #8
RickV

You are correct Sir. I never clicked on the link just assumed he was talking about PD. I have ordered from PD and like their bullets but they are having an extremely hard time keeping up with demand.
Old November 9, 2009, 04:12 PM   #9
bigleaf

Has anyone got some good load data for the Precision bullets? I was intrigued by them and ordered 250 of the 115 gr FP 9mm (.356). But there's precious little reloading data out there. One of the reasons I joined this forum was the folks who had loading data for Precision "black" bullets. Alleykat had some loads listed for 124 or 147 someplace. It gave me hope.

I'm shooting 9mm out of three guns, with probably two different needs. There's a Kel-Tec Sub-2000 carbine which takes Glock 19, 17 and 18 mags (fun gun... 16" bbl); a Glock 19, and a Kel-Tec PF9 (3.1" barrel, plastic frame. Supposedly the lightest and thinnest 9mm out there.)

I've picked up a couple thousand Federal SP primers, and I'll be using a Dillon Square Deal setup. I've got some Power Pistol here, but not much left. If you think something else would work better, I'll need more, anyway. I'm not married to any powder.

I've also picked up some 124 gr FMJ for plinking and some 90 gr Hornady HP/XTP bullets for PD loads.

Any ideas?
Old November 9, 2009, 07:27 PM   #10
Caboclo

Their website says to use data for a comparable lead bullet. Makes sense, it is a lead bullet, just with a different lube.