The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 14, 2009, 12:02 AM   #1
72gator

Pentax Gameseeker scopes

I am considering a Pentax Gameseeker scope. I am hoping to upgrade over my Tasco World class 3-9X40. I have two WC Tasco scope both purchased in the last 5 or 6 years. The Pentax would be a 4-12X40. The Tasco scopes are not nearly as bright as others (even in the same price range). Does anyone think the Pentax will be a significant upgrade? Does anyone think it won't be? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Old November 14, 2009, 01:54 AM   #2
javabum

I have the Pentax and think it is a great scope.as for the others i couldn't tell you anything about them.I do however have a set of binoculars that are tasco and they do the trick for me and tasco is a good product.
I bought mine for hunting and although i haven't used it for that yet it does get my rounds where i want them.

NRA Life member
Old November 15, 2009, 03:42 AM   #3
10-96

I have the Pentax you're looking at, and yessir- they are very bright and clear to the edges. The clicks are firm and I can't think of the term- but they do seem on par with the higher end scopes. I read a link at Varmint Hunters or some such forum that discussed Pentax's not being suitable for your extreme high powered magnums- but then I've only had mine on a .243 and now a .223. It's about 3 years old and I still have 100% confidence in it for my aplications.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.
Old November 15, 2009, 09:50 PM   #4
72gator

Thany you gentlemen for your thoughts. For the price, I think I will buy a gameseeker for my .270 Win. for now. If they are that much better, I may add one for the .243 Win as well. Thanks again!