The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 28, 2022, 06:36 PM   #26
'88Scrat

It makes me happy to hear they're willing to stand behind their products. I'm sure I'm not the only one whose not always been so lucky.

Will be curious to see what they find out.
Old July 29, 2022, 08:01 AM   #27
highpower3006

Nice to hear that they got back to you and are at least willing to look at it. Good luck, I hope they straighten it out (pun intended).
Old July 29, 2022, 09:30 AM   #28
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpower3006 View Post
Nice to hear that they got back to you and are at least willing to look at it. Good luck, I hope they straighten it out (pun intended).

Haha, yeah me too. In the info they sent they give a breakdown of turnaround as follows:

Repairs: 4-6 weeks
Replacement: 2-3 weeks

I’m sort of hoping for the latter. This first picture is as close as I can get to POA at 14 yd with a rest with. Group on the far right is where it impacts from factory, less right is where it is now with the rear sight drifted all the way left. Below that is looking down the upper receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by TunnelRat; July 29, 2022 at 06:21 PM.
Old October 10, 2022, 06:24 AM   #29
TunnelRat

I wanted to update this in the event someone is considering a CAI AP5. It is now week 10 and I still don't have the firearm back. I have left a voicemail over a week ago that was ignored. I am sending more emails.

If you get a "good" AP5 hold on to it. Dealing with CAI is probably the slowest customer service I have encountered thus far in the industry (in fairness from what I can tell they have one person to handle all of their warranty work customer interactions). If I did this again I would probably pay the premium for a US made version, or honestly just get something else.
Maintain situational awareness
Old October 10, 2022, 02:09 PM   #30
jetinteriorguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat View Post
I wanted to update this in the event someone is considering a CAI AP5. It is now week 10 and I still don't have the firearm back. I have left a voicemail over a week ago that was ignored. I am sending more emails.

If you get a "good" AP5 hold on to it. Dealing with CAI is probably the slowest customer service I have encountered thus far in the industry (in fairness from what I can tell they have one person to handle all of their warranty work customer interactions). If I did this again I would probably pay the premium for a US made version, or honestly just get something else.
You’ve clearly never dealt with Taurus Warranty.
Old October 10, 2022, 02:34 PM   #31
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
You’ve clearly never dealt with Taurus Warranty.

I’ve deliberately avoided Taurus products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk