The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old April 13, 2019, 08:26 PM   #1
JERRYS.

Anderson Arms 223 wylde comments sought.

I'm looking at one with a fluted bbl. factory built gun. would like to hear critiques from those with first hand experience with this brand.
Old April 13, 2019, 08:50 PM   #2
Mobuck

The only question would be where they source their barrels from. The rest is good enough.
Old April 13, 2019, 11:51 PM   #3
FrankenMauser

Their barrels are generally decent, but (reputable) people do occasionally report sub-standard performance. Everyone that I know personally is happy with their Anderson barrels (including myself - mine's great). But there are some unsatisfactory tales out there, from people that I trust.

The rest of the parts are run-of-the-mill. Not good. Not bad. Just average AR parts.
Nothing to worry about.
Old April 14, 2019, 06:37 AM   #4
kymasabe

I've assembled alot of AR's in the past couple years, tried barrels from a bunch of different manufacturers to try them. Ballistic Advantage is still my favorite but...I was very surprised with the fit, finish, and accuracy I got from an Anderson barrel. I thought it might have been lucky one shot deal, but I later bought two more and all were perfect and very accurate. Mine were .223 Wylde, 1:8, 16 inch carbine length M4 profile, Nitrided ...
https://www.andersonmanufacturing.co...black-nitride/
Old April 14, 2019, 07:48 AM   #5
JERRYS.

thanks guys.
Old April 14, 2019, 12:39 PM   #6
rickyrick

I’ve had good luck with two anderson barrels. But I feel like there’s a gamble with them.
I believe that the make their own barrels.
I have no complaints about the barrels I’ve tried, receivers and other parts. The trigger sets are terrible though.

The low price on the barrels are suspect to me but again, mine performed good.
Old April 14, 2019, 01:07 PM   #7
kymasabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrick View Post
I’ve had good luck with two anderson barrels. But I feel like there’s a gamble with them.
I believe that the make their own barrels.
I have no complaints about the barrels I’ve tried, receivers and other parts. The trigger sets are terrible though.

The low price on the barrels are suspect to me but again, mine performed good.
I've had terrible luck with their build kits and triggers, but their receivers and barrels have worked well for me. I especially like their slick side upper.
Old April 15, 2019, 01:53 AM   #8
stagpanther

I bought one of their budget Grendel barrels out of curiosity and just couldn't get it to shoot well--which for me is sub-MOA. I suspect that's why it was so cheap. I knew it was a gamble when I bought so I wasn't especially upset. I also suspect their higher-priced barrels perform better.