The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 9, 2016, 05:47 PM   #1
candlejackstraw

Rossi circuit judge open choke question

So today I picked up a used rossi circuit judge 410/45colt. It only came with one choke, the smooth one, which is utilized for 45 colt or slugs. Atm I can't find the "straight rifled" choke online. The rifled choke is used to stop the spin on the bb shot, much like the t/c contender chokes.

Anywho, heres my question. Has anyone found any 410 shot shell that patterns reasonably well with the open choke?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old August 9, 2016, 05:52 PM   #2
candlejackstraw

I would like to add, if I were take this out for small game hunting, using shotshell, but happen upon a hog or a deer, I would like to be able to shoot the 45 colt without having to change the choke. or vice versa.
Old August 9, 2016, 08:40 PM   #3
FITASC

With a real shotgun, using a rifled barrel with shot yields typically poor accuracy. Also, using a smoothbore with a sabot-slug will also typically yields poor performance. You shouod expect the same similar results
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old August 9, 2016, 08:44 PM   #4
Kvon2

I have not had any luck with any shot out of the smooth choke.. it looks like optics planet carries them? Somewhat confused by their site though not sure if they actually have them in stock.
Old August 9, 2016, 08:47 PM   #5
candlejackstraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvon2 View Post
I have not had any luck with any shot out of the smooth choke.. it looks like optics planet carries them? Somewhat confused by their site though not sure if they actually have them in stock.
Yea, I saw the whole "check for availability" seems weird.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk